Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #1673
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This game is ridiculously hard on All Star for me. I hit most my pitches and the computer absolutely crushes everything. I can't hit at all.. even on pro I don't score runs.

The computer infielders get to everything. I practically never see a ground ball get through the infield. Also I hit alot of deep fly balls that I except to be extra base hits only for the computer to run everything down..

On 5 games on All Star my era is 7.86.. Yet its too way too easy on Pro. I think I have scored 6 runs in those 5 games.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #1674
MVP

OVR: 10

Can anyone confirm my Matsuzaka issue?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #1675
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
I am really starting to dig this game. If i can find a way to get the pitching down. I need to find a way that i can tell that the CPU is throwing a ball. It really seems hard to see a ball coming.

I have seen some pitches come that i 100% lay off only to see them clip the zone and get called for a strike.

Is this a slider thing or a camera issue? Thoughts?
Check the sliders forum. I feel your pain, when letting a pitch go that looks like its a ball then all of a sudden hit the corner line makes me go Agggghhh.... I've heard that setting the AI strikes thrown to 0 makes the CPU throw a realistic amount of balls.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #1676
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Is this a slider thing or a camera issue? Thoughts?
Probably a combination of both. I'm having the same problem. Seemed to help some in reading pitches when I lowered the pitch speed for human.

Just play around with the different batting camera and zoom levels and see if that helps. I'll be doing that myself

PSN: hoos4974
Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #1677
Rookie

OVR: 6

The CPU is bad *** on this game. No need to mess with the sliders. You have to bring your A game to beat them. I see no AI issues. They take the extra base. They make the great plays. They know when they need a sac fly. Or when they need to bunt the runner over. They spray the ball all over the field. They pitch very smartly. The game is a challenge. What more can you ask for in a sports game.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #1678
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
This game is ridiculously hard on All Star for me. I hit most my pitches and the computer absolutely crushes everything. I can't hit at all.. even on pro I don't score runs.

The computer infielders get to everything. I practically never see a ground ball get through the infield. Also I hit alot of deep fly balls that I except to be extra base hits only for the computer to run everything down..

On 5 games on All Star my era is 7.86.. Yet its too way too easy on Pro. I think I have scored 6 runs in those 5 games.
Lower the AI infield reaction and infield speed, this seems to help get those grounders through the infield.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #1679
MVP

OVR: 10

I absolutely CANNOT win on All-Star. I had a 5 run lead in the 9th and I blew it, used 3 pitchers still blew it. I have played 10 games on All-Star and every one of them has been blown wide open in the last 4 innings of the game. It's simply insane and I am not having it. Guess it's back to pro or putting it back on the shelf until sliders come out that make it playable for me on All-Star.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #1680
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can anybody tell me about the base coaches this year? It bugged me last year how they would have high numbers and their number would change every game? Is it different this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »