Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
The biggest downer for me regarding AI aggression is that it wouldn't of been an issue if they had left in the sliders from the last two years that allowed you to adjust the hitting tendencies of the CPU!!!

I just played another game before and got rolled 13-1 as the A's against the Mariners. The AI was swinging and making contact with absolutely everything, pitches on the corners, outside the zone, well outside the zone. They were hyper aggressive all game. Their pitching was brutal as well, they barely threw any balls and were 95% strike on the first pitch, it was impossible to work the count.

The three games I have played post patch have all had a pitch count of below 70 for me, which shows the lack of patience at the plate from the CPU. I was using Inside Edge and pitching to their cold zones but they were still swinging away and making good contact almost everytime. Is it just me or are there hardly any foul balls in this game?
Are you sure you have the patch? These things were supposedly all issues at the top of their list. Just seems weird to me we are hearing such mixed things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #162
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
Are you sure you have the patch? These things were supposedly all issues at the top of their list. Just seems weird to me we are hearing such mixed things.
I am playing right now, against the Padres and through 5 innings i have thrown 61 pitches and them 55. Score is 1-0. Playing on All Star settings.

I take pitches though. I dont swing at the first pitch much. Once in a while, but i am patient.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #163
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm sure I have it. The first post patch game I played was great but after that its been horrible.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 7

any word on being able to substitute a pitcher when you're up to bat. i know its little, but it takes away from the game, when you're in the NL and you pinch hit, and the pinch hitter is warming up the next inning on the mound. just looks weird..

(Follow me on Twitter!)
http://www.twitter.com/Jerm_Weiner[b]

-I run on Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots.
-MLB 2K, NBA 2K, and Madden fan only.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #165
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

This thread is lacking in impressions- 90% of the posts are about people complaining about something or other. For people looking for impressions, it'd be greatly appreciated if those comments went elsewhere.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #166
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
This thread is lacking in impressions- 90% of the posts are about people complaining about something or other. For people looking for impressions, it'd be greatly appreciated if those comments went elsewhere.

I'm guessing not that many people are playing the game on ps3, We'll probly have more once the 360 patch drops.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 04-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #167
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
slow motion fielding is still there.
First, thank you to the few people on this board actually posting impressions about the stuff they were supposed to fix.

OF Glitch
- I'm hearing that people are saying this is better now, but other people are saying they're still seeing clear drops/whiffs in situations where the ball should be caught. This is a concern. Honestly, the OF "slowdown" thing is poor game design, but it's not the major glitch people make it out to be because I've found that it generally happens only when your outfielder is locked into catching a ball. I think of it as an "auto assist"--as long as he catches the ball, I'm okay with it for this year. It's when you have full control of your fielder and he doesn't lock in to the flyball that the misses seem to occur, and THAT's the major problem. If some people say "it's better" and others say they still see it, that makes me think that it isn't fixed at all, because in the pre-patch version, you can go several innings without seeing it happen anyway.

1B Tag Glitch - I'm hearing less people mention this as an issue, so I hope it has been well-addressed in the patch. Even though the OF glitch bothers me more (b/c the 1B glitch only costs you one runner/base, whereas the OF glitch causes game-changing catastrophes), the 1B glitch should be more frequently seen. However, it sounds like the developers were screwing with the throwing meter, possibly as a work-around for this problem, which they might not be able to correct on its own.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #168
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
They might've done all this but the most major omission IS the editing of players stances and pitching etc...
Can you even do that via a patch??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »