Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

I have played 3 games with the patch this morning and I am SO happy!!!

I am also ecstatic that I waited for the patch and did not buy a PS3 just for one game! (and I was tempted BELIEVE ME!)

I don't know about the people complaining here post patch, but I can tell you this about me.
I am a mature, sim guy that demands realism. I don't give a flying fig about editing stances as long as stats and batter-pitcher interface are realistic. (the editing is a DISTANT SECOND to me)
With a tweak of the sliders from Joe or Guru this game is going to be.....dare I say it?.........Great!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

new patch, same piss poor result! Thanks 2k!

P.S
I still cant believe they removed being able to edit stances! lol
UNBELIEVABLE
Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #219
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico117
new patch, same piss poor result! Thanks 2k!

P.S
I still cant believe they removed being able to edit stances! lol
UNBELIEVABLE

thanx for those deep impressions....
Old 04-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #220
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

WOW. I really love how the bashers have to always throw the show in to their post.

After the patch, I am definitely noticing a major improvement. I have seen that ai take three called strikes in a row, the aggressiveness is fixed. Perfect, no, but very playable for me.

For the people still complaining, if they really have the game, then try messing with sliders.

I am playing a game now, Yanks vs Balt. and in three innings i haVE been walked three times already, and I have walked one.

Just not buying it, when people are saying the cpu is throwing too many strikes. The sliders do work and help with the problem.

For the first time on my 360 I have a baseball game that I can enjoy besides the BIGS.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #221
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Some people are just never happy, no matter what.

Will be playing some once the little guy goes down for a nap. Will post impressions then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #222
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've noticed the general gameplay appears a lot smoother, especially the flyball issues we all had.

AI is still swinging a lot for me, too. However, I am confident that some basic slider tweaking will fix the issue. It's nowhere near as bad pre-patch, but the Nationals are still hacking a Cole Hamels four-seam fastball on 0-0 counts.

I'm happy to see the inclusion of new signature styles. Carlos Pena and Jayson Werth have updated batting stances, if you haven't noticed.

All in all, I am really enjoying the game...

Then again, I'm not a whiny little girl like some of the people on this forum
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 3

I still have not purchased the game. I would like to know how the online gamplay is now. Is it still a homerun fest?

Old 04-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man, I had cranked my sliders to make it really difficult, to try to tame the hits and home runs on both side.

But I'll tell you, post patch my settings are brutal. I hit three guys in a six run inning against me and had one hit through 6 when I decided to edit my sliders and try again.

Batter aggressiveness seems better, yeah, the still swing all the time when the ball is over the heart of the plate, but they are taking more pitches on the corners, waiting for their pitch a little more.

Maybe it's just how poorly I'm doing as a pitcher, but the strike zone does feel smaller.

All in all, so far it seems like an improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »