Home

Anyone tried to save it to a USB device yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone tried to save it to a USB device yet? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Talking Anyone tried to save it to a USB device yet?

With the new x-box system update, i was eager to save MLB2K10 to my external USB hard drive because i only have a 20GB hard drive for the x-box. I'd read a lot of comments on the web about which devices work and what-not, and how your x-box will tell you if your USB device passes their quality-test. Most people said they got the warning that their USB hard drives didn't meet x-box's standards, but still saved the game to it and played it with no problems. I did the same thing... it seemed like everything was cool, the game played with no apparent issues. Then in the second game I played from the USB hard drive- there was a visual glitch that appeared whenever I tried to use the batter's-eye/insider edge thing while pitching. Normally, you'd see the strike zone grid with the red and blue squares indicating hot or cold zones. The second game I played- the top of that grid was blurred out for each batter. I've never seen that before, not while playing the game from the disc. I'm pretty sure that it's a problem with the hard-drive compatability. Sure, it's a small issue- but an issue nonetheless. So I went back to playing the game from the disc and things are back to normal.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone was trying to save the game to their external USB drive and got that warning message.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Anyone tried to save it to a USB device yet?

Can you copy the entire game disc to a USB drive and play from there? Similar to how you can copy to a regular X360 hard drive?
Old 04-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Rookie

yes, that is what I did... I thought it'd be the exact same thing as saving it to the xbox hard drive and playing it from there, but there seems to be an issue with the performance of my USB hard drive.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Haven't gotten the update yet. I have to manually transport my xbox my buddies house to get any downloadable content.

So, my question....

Am I able to save things like the patch or the roster update to the usb drive and then take it home? I should be able to save a roster update to a profile, and then save that profile to my xbox hard drive, right?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I would assume you could save patches, roster updates, etc. on the USB and use them on a XBOX 360 not connected to live or just another box.

And I am guessing the reason you are experiencing performance issues playing it off the USB is because it is a longer process to load it off the USB than to load it off the disk or just off the hard drive.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #6
Rookie

some info from IGN on the subject:

"People on forums like NeoGAF are complaining that ODST won't allow co-op with just a USB drive detected. In better news, games like Fable II, which previously prevented players from moving saves, have had their saves "unlocked," allowing you to move them wherever you wish. We can't confirm this works for every game, but if you encounter a problem, let us know in the comments."

"Flash Drives are slower than you think, and not all Flash drives are created equal. Try to find the highest read/write speed you can given your budget. Also, USB hard drives are typically slower than an Xbox 360 hard drive or flash drives, and Microsoft is recommending against installing retail games to them." (D'oh!)

"Can games be played directly from USB storage media?

Yes, but. The same rules as before apply. If you install a game to a hard drive from the disc, it will only work on the original system you used to install it. For Live Arcade games, the same confusing system is in place: a game saved to a USB device can be played on the system it was originally downloaded to, either online or offline, and by any gamertag; a game saved to a USB device connected to a system other than that to which it was originally downloaded to can only be played by the purchasing gamertag.

Yes, it's confusing. No, it's probably not going to change"

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »