Home

Major League Baseball 2K11 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K11 Review (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #33
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Major League Baseball 2K11 Review (360)

Very fair review. I don't think anything in the review scares me away from purchasing. I'm really looking forward to MLB Today once the regular season starts.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #34
Rookie

Vermin's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think the new format would be better if it was just two parts - Early Impressions and a Final Review. I'm not sure if we need the other stuff as it just gets rehashed in the final review.

On a side note, started a Tigers franchise tonight and Zumaya got hurt and is out 4-6 months lol.
Interesting. I started my Cubs franchise, and in the first inning of the first game of Spring Training, Carlos Zambrano went out for 4-6 months. I brought in a starter from Iowa to replace him next start, and he went out for 36 days in the second inning.

Enjoying the game still, but found the similarity to our injury situations interesting. Time will tell if these injuries present just an obstacle or distraction, or whether they turn into frustration and anger.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin
Interesting. I started my Cubs franchise, and in the first inning of the first game of Spring Training, Carlos Zambrano went out for 4-6 months. I brought in a starter from Iowa to replace him next start, and he went out for 36 days in the second inning.

Enjoying the game still, but found the similarity to our injury situations interesting. Time will tell if these injuries present just an obstacle or distraction, or whether they turn into frustration and anger.
The OS review and another poster here talked about how many injuries are in franchise mode and I've seen plenty in two games. I simmed spring training where a few guys were hurt including Austin Jackson and I put him on the DL to start the year. Then Zumuya blows out his arm in game one. I just played game two this morning and Scherzer broke a finger throwing a pitch and is out 4-6 weeks and this is all with injuries at 40 on the slider! I'm going to drop it down some more and see if I can avoid another player breaking something in game three.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The OS review and another poster here talked about how many injuries are in franchise mode and I've seen plenty in two games. I simmed spring training where a few guys were hurt including Austin Jackson and I put him on the DL to start the year. Then Zumuya blows out his arm in game one. I just played game two this morning and Scherzer broke a finger throwing a pitch and is out 4-6 weeks and this is all with injuries at 40 on the slider! I'm going to drop it down some more and see if I can avoid another player breaking something in game three.
Same thing happened with Sabathia AND Phil Hughes in the first two games of my franchise. Left them in for 6+ innings each and they both got injured for extended periods of time. Hate to do it but I turned injuries off. Otherwise, I'm enjoying the game greatly. The Show has much better graphics but 2k plays a good game of baseball.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #37
Rookie

dolemint's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

Yeah, that's the plan for sure. It obviously won't change the review score or anything, but will be worth a new article.
Hmm. I think a noteworthy patch should be able to alter a review score significantly? Maybe that's just me. But if a game's score is docked due to glitches and the glitches get fixed, then the game becomes a more enjoyable experience, right?

That said, 2K11 would be a tough game to give a fair score to. 7.0 might be generous, as some of these glitches are total dealbreakers for me. Yet one can't deny the potential a fixed version of the game has. Hmm.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #38
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I have to apologize to Christian. I initially disagreed with him about the routine fly balls but I've missed three routine fly balls in the last 2-3 games. I can live with the hard liners being misplayed but not easy pop flies where the cpu OF actually has time to come over and practically stand next to me. It just takes too long to reveal the landing spot and after seeing this too much lately I'm just going to switch defenders and let the cpu make the catch if I can't see the yellow marker. I do have a zoomed out 2K9 camera but it shouldn't be that much of an adventure on completely routine plays.

I'll also agree that injuries when actually playing are out of control to the point I'm about to shut them off. You get a significant injury almost every game you play. With the fact the franchise has no fatigue when you actually play I get the feeling 2K spent all of their time testing the sim engine and didn't play many games in the franchise. Surely they would have seen this.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Rudy;

I've heard 25 is the magic # for the injury slider.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Rudy;

I've heard 25 is the magic # for the injury slider.
I'm going to 10 until I see this nonsense toned down for awhile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »