Home

Anticipation Attribute

This is a discussion on Anticipation Attribute within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #105
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anticipation Attribute

After a weekend of playing using the anticipation 25 plus a combination of Pistolpete, shogun and MKHarsh sliders I think I found a good feel for this.

I am using Shoguns hitting and pitching while using MKHarsh's fielding and running. I had to up the OF Speed to 10 as there was just too many routine singles getting to the wall, while also upping the IF speed to 5. That I might change back to 0 over time. It was just because ground ball to the 2nd baseman was barely getting to first in time.

I love these sliders plus I just downloaded to new roster made by MK, bretskys, and kmwest42. Great job on those....

Its like a whole new game! Thanks for all of the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #106
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I have the reditor now. I've corrupted 20 files but now know what I was doing wrong..haha.

Anyway, I like tinkering with attributes, almost as much as playing. I know global edits suck. I get it. But if it makes the game, especially an older one, play better....why the heck not.

I have a few combinations of attributes I am going to start toying around with. I did last night and the defense had almost zero hiccups between transitions. Honestly, could have been my eyes as I did have about 9 Guinness when I started testing () or things were smooth.

Will keep this updated with my findings, if any. If I see no change then so be it.

Lastly, this last edit it more for fun. Not necessarily something to be added to rosters for Franchise modes. Just want to see what I can do with it.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #107
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinsunited
Do any of you guys know if the same thing applies for 2k11? Being in the UK I'm still plodding along with that

Have manually made the update, and think there is a difference although whether that's me making things up myself I'm not sure...

Slightly off topic - do you guys know how to increase the number of infield singles? It seems there are hardly any when I play, only the speediest players are able to pull them off, and even then rarely. I know I could increase baserunner speed but I'm worried that will make stealing unrealistic. Any ideas?

And great work guys, this is making the game a lot more enjoyable!
Can anyone answer the quoted post? I had very similar questions but I don't think 2k11 had an anticipation attribute.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #108
Pro

OVR: 0

Does the anticipation attribute influence the diving plays in the infield? Or are those moves depending on other parameters? Somebody know?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #109
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudl83
Does the anticipation attribute influence the diving plays in the infield? Or are those moves depending on other parameters? Somebody know?
Not sure. But I see tons of diving attempts that come up short which is great. If I had to guess, glove and range are what influence diving plays.

Anticipation seemed to do nothing more than get your guys running towards the ball without any reaction time. The ball would be one inch off the bat and the fielder in full stride. Now they react themselves based on range instead of cheating
Old 04-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #110
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I think those diving plays are just something we have to deal with, that sliders cannot fix. 2K has a love affair with diving plays and leaping wall catches...
Old 08-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #111
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Summer vacation is winding down and now is typically when I get stir crazy and need to go back to work (I teach).

I have always wanted better ball flight from the hitters and use Difficulty Batting Power at 100 because I like the speed of the ball. That results in too many home runs and high fly balls. I had a theory how to lower the ball height to get more line drives and ball that land over the outfielders.

I am using the Reditor, there is a ground ball tendency attribute, and power attribute specifically for home runs vs. right / left. That attribute for some guys is up in the 90s, where the doubles is down in a 80s, and triples in the 60 range. Singles should be highest, then doubles, then home runs then triples.

I think that combined groundball tendency being too low, results in moon shots. I am just tinkering now, will post some video later. But I lowered every player's HRvsRHP, HRvsLHP down 20 points. And raised everyone's ground ball tendency 10 points and am using slider batting power 100.

So far the results have been great! It seems to have lowered the trajectory of the ball on squared up pitches. Been a fun test so far. Sure beats going in to set up my Computer Lab. Mare as it develops.

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 08-13-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #112
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Crappy quality video, I didn't feel like breaking out the HD Gamecap at midnight last night. Here is pretty much what I am trying to achieve, I am seeing a lot more flares. This just happened to be 2 great diving plays but many drop in.

Last 3 games averaged 3 home runs per game, and several flares, warning track balls that landed over outfielders. I will get a full video up later today when I get the Gamecap out. I know this isn't a hot game but I have fun messing with it and posting my findiings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrWC83Q801MA

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »