Home

MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #137
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
OK, well you mentioned that you weren't really interested in "maintaining realism" so that opens up a lot, and Lawrie is young and has a high rating. He should be in demand.

I think a 3B would be the best fit for you since Bautista is probably (or should be anyway) rated more highly in RF. So, guys like Prado, Middlebrooks, Zimmerman, and Frazier would probably be best. Of those Zimmerman is probably the most powerful. Prado and Frazier are both really nice since they play a bunch of positions. Prado is also really nice since he is great at contact. Middlebrooks is more balanced but only plays 3rd.

If you have to go OF, Willingham is probably the best power threat out there you can get easily. But there's not much pitching there.

And to break any ties, you could always see which pitcher you want the most. Which team of Red Sox, D'Backs, Reds, Nats has the 4th/5th starter you like best?

Middlebrooks + Buchholtz
Prado + Cahill
Frazier + Bailey or Leake
Zimmerman + Haren

Those looks like possible returns for Lawrie and Romero.
Wow that package of Zimmerman and haren could put me over the top but wow what a salary I would take on even though that don't bother me. Zimmerman I like because he had solid contact and power which is nice. Prado would be my 2nd best since I could grab beachy or minor with him. Middlebrooks is solid but dam Red Sox are 2 games back of me so would want to avoid dealing him to anyone in the AL East. Thanks alot for the feedback and if you or anyone else has any more feedback feel free to post. Ill be on tomorrow and ill check out the options when I fire up the Xbox. Thanks again appreciate it if you need any help in the future inbox me and ill help ya out
Old 04-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #138
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Well got Zimmerman/Haren for the duo and 1st game, Zimmerman 3/4 2 lead off doubles then a grand slam to put me ahead 7-3 in a tie game...NICE
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #139
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Well got Zimmerman/Haren for the duo and 1st game, Zimmerman 3/4 2 lead off doubles then a grand slam to put me ahead 7-3 in a tie game...NICE
You're welcome, lol.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #140
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

yup thanks alot for the advise...currently on a 6 game win streak...zimmerman has been very nice hitting .389 and 8 RBI in those 6 games. Haren had his 1st start went 5 innings 2 ER 5K and got the 6-2 Win. loving it
Old 04-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #141
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

Game one in the books with the New AL West team - Houston
Pretty impressed with my results - using BIGS sliders.

Bud Norris made his way through a very good slugging rangers team. 7.0 IP, 6 Ks, 1 BB.
With an early 2-0 lead off of Darvish into the 6th, I was able to get some good wood on pitches. Kinsler smashed one into CF and not knowing how to play the ball in Minute Maid Park, I missed the catch with Justin Maxwell as it rolled up the hill. An inside the parker, but I felt pretty ok that i could get back in the game if i just hung in there.

Chris Carter showed off some of his power with a dinger over the right field wall.
Jose Altuve solid game 1 performance 2-3, 2b Brett Wallace ended up with a 2 bagger and the new addition Matt Dominguez played a great 3rd base, a drove in a RBI.
A 4-4 tie Norris left because of PC - Beltre belted in a RBI in the 9th to go ahead 5-4.

I think i'm going to have some fun with this team - maybe win more then 50 games.

Last edited by Grumpykore; 04-03-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #142
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Started My H-town Chise last night.. Well 0-2 lost a close game in the opener and got smashed 17-3 in the 2nd game. My only offense in game 2 was 2 homeruns by Wallace.

Lost Marwin Gonzalez , and Justin Maxwell to injury so I hope Cedeno and Ankiel can step in.

I am playing with BigJoes sliders and I just need to get a hang of it. Gonna try and edit all my minlor league top 20 prospects tonight to match where they are at. Gonna be fun.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #143
Rookie

SlowDownTurbo86's Arena

OVR: 1
Seems like a lot of people are playing with the worst team in Houston so the hipster in me decided to buck that trend and pick the 2nd worst in the Cubbies.

Right after spring concluded Toronto stupidly offered me Bonifacio and Encarnacion for a bunch of scrubs so I bit then traded Rizzo for some pitching help (got Tommy Hanson). Won first game 6-5 Marmol is actually really good. Lost 2nd game 3-4 because Pedro Alvarez ripped Garza a new one. Castro is on fire though that kid is a beast.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #144
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDownTurbo86
Seems like a lot of people are playing with the worst team in Houston so the hipster in me decided to buck that trend and pick the 2nd worst in the Cubbies.

Right after spring concluded Toronto stupidly offered me Bonifacio and Encarnacion for a bunch of scrubs so I bit then traded Rizzo for some pitching help (got Tommy Hanson). Won first game 6-5 Marmol is actually really good. Lost 2nd game 3-4 because Pedro Alvarez ripped Garza a new one. Castro is on fire though that kid is a beast.
Yeah, lots of Astros 'chisers. I like to think I started mine before it became the cool thing to do. I'm a little surprised there aren't more Padres/Twins/Marlins/Rockies franchises being talked about.

So, you ripped off TOR...at least you balanced it out by allowing the Angels to rip you off for Rizzo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »