Home

MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
I'm with you there. But let's just say that sometimes, that might not be as good for your health, either.
I decided to just to MLB Today mode this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game 4 - O's vs. Nats

Jacked the difficulty to Legend. Definitely made a difference in the total hits, but still won 6-3.

Put up an early run due to a walk and two hits. Held that lead until the top of the 7th. Brought in Bundy to get some work and he gave up back-to-back solo shots.

However, game MVP Manny Machado jacked a 3-run shot after a Wieters single and a Chris Davis double to take a 2-run lead in home half of the 7th. Steve Pearce belted a pinch-hit homer in the 8th.

Arrietta got the start and may have lost his shot at the #5 starter. No runs allowed but allowed two walks and a hit and struggled to find the strike zone. It appears that the battle will come down to Britton and Bundy.

UPDATE:

Camp battles: McLouth in left with Reimold platooning at DH with Betemit. Britton nailed down the 5th starter. Unfortunately, JJ Hardy is on a rehab stint in AAA so Betemit is playing 3rd with Machado at SS. JJ should only miss 4 games.

Started the regular season. Interestingly enough, I lost all the games I simmed in Spring Training & won all that I played.

First game of regular season (simmed) - a 6-0 win at the Blue Jays. Nice game by Jason Hammell & Wieters hit two homers.

Game 2 - vs. the Twins (NOT simmed.) Lost 3-1. Pelfrey for the Twins was dealing. I got to him in the 4th for a homer (Adam Jones), a couple of two-out singles, and walk. His pitch count was high and even the announcers mentioned that he looked gassed. Well, that changed in the fifth. He went 7 2/3 and gave up 6 hits, 2 walks, and 1 run. My starter Wei-Yin Chen pitched well - gave up 1 run on 8 hits through 7 1/3. Darren O'Day gave up a two run shot for the difference on the scoreboard.
(Playing on Legend settings with pitch meter speed at 100 and AI pitcher speed at 100).

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by steelereign; 03-09-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: UPDATE:
Old 03-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #43
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope a have a better season this go around. I'm going to go with the The New AL West Team Houston Astros. GOAL is to break WIN record 55 wins from last year 2012 season. I really have liked the Astros in the early 90's, should be fun trying to make them a contender.

Second is try and keep up with the high power offensive jugernuts, Rangers and Angels. My first move is going to try and add some power FA and bring Fear the Beard BW aboard since he is just hangin out there and really never really used him in games only faced him.

I'm trying to make this a fun game this year - make some trades and not loose interest the first week. - Here I go - this going to be a struggle!

I'll most likely go ahead a and do a HALO chise like always end up doing but not right now.

Last edited by Grumpykore; 03-09-2013 at 04:09 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #44
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

Update after a fews hrs of really getting into 2k13 last night, I jumped right into Franchise mode with the Astros. Spring Training 2013 Cactus League. Game 1.

Houston we have a problem. First off Bo Porter (manager) actually looks like Curt Schilling in the game...LOL.

I need some help on finding a power bat. Any Ideas, Besides Pena and he is at his prime, I need a spark to keep up with AL west power teams. The Astros have face a lot of AL teams first time and it will be tough to getting any offense going. I want to stick with this team. A few pieces will make a big difference I think. Don't have a lot of budget. So might need to trade away big dollar contracts.

I need help with pitching too. I need a close to 80 plus rating pitcher on my staff.
I felt like it was fun to get Fear the Beard signed. I gave him a 2 year 2 million contract. I feel he got a bad wrap from only playing 2 games due to injury in 2012 from San Fran. he is still young at 30 and his very good IMO. So I gave him the bonus of 1 million to be my closer.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #45
Rookie

I'm pretty sure Kyle Lohse is a FA and rated 88. Not a long term solution, but would help you get to the trading deadline and then trade him for prospects.

Don't know too much about power bats out there. Lots of over-the-hill guys. Past their prime, but may help.

Last edited by steelereign; 03-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #46
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

Steeler that's excatly what i was thinking. I might bring El Caballo (Carlos Lee back to Houston and have him DH for the rest of his MLB career. That move would give me some power and another alternative to Carlos Pena.

Working though spring training and then 162 game season. I should snag Lohse the rotation to help battle the AL Pitchers. I need some guys to produce or this season will go no where.

I can always do the Created a Stud Player. Might all well do MY PLAYER - which I don't want to resort to that option just yet.

Any other ideas let me know. - What franchise are you running again'....I'm glad baseball is back - i love my angels - but there way to good - I want a challenge, built a team up to a winner.

Last edited by Grumpykore; 03-09-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #47
Rookie

I've been an orioles fan forever so I'm going to enjoy playing with a decent Baltimore squad for the first time since the Playstation 1 days.

I'm ready for some real hardball too!

Btw - maybe you could sign Andruw Jones or Bryan Lahair. Especially, Lahair - he's only 30 so he could help for a few years. The other thing I like to do is go through the minor league systems of all the teams and sort for high potential prospects (4 or 5 stars) with an upward trend. Then try to trade higher rated older players for their prospects.

Last edited by steelereign; 03-09-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #48
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Giants.
Signed Loshe and moved Zito to LR.
Signed Wilson and put him as the setup man.
Called up Stanton from the farm system...and by that I mean indirectly traded Pence for Stanton.

Simming decided to make Wilson the closer and eventually get Blanco and Torres stuck in the minors along with wrecking all my lineups.

Some point during the season the Jays traded Encarnacion and Reyes to the Sawx for Ellisbury and Pedrioa. Towards the end Boston had the second wild card spot then lost 13 straight.

In some possible impressive foresight the Yankees finished last in the east.
Mariners were hanging around for a playoff spot. A's finished last in that division.

Only award I remember is the NL Cy Young going to Mat Latos with a 17-3 record and 2.5ish ERA.

Playoffs were:

NL
Reds over Dodgers in the Wildcard

Reds over Brewers
Giants over Braves

Giants over Reds

AL
Tigers over Angels (I think) in the Wildcard

Rangers over Tigers
White Sox over Jays

Rangers over White Sox

Giants over Rangers (Only sweep of the playoffs)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »