Home

Your World Series Champions 2011 San Francisco Giants

This is a discussion on Your World Series Champions 2011 San Francisco Giants within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Your World Series Champions 2011 San Francisco Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzypoof
Look at the day of the year. 1st of -pril.

The broadcast was terrible last night. I think the mix was off to keep Valentine's voice down. He acts like hes at a bar with his color commentary.

You can create a new drinking game with for Sunday night. Anytime they mention how much weight Pablo lost, take a shot. They couldn't focus on anything else when he was at bat. Plus they added slight fat j-o-k-e-s in there. Somethings like, he would have broke something doing that last year. That's bush league.
Doh With all my kids grown up and gone i've forgotten about ***** 1st, lol.

All the snide comments were pretty much aimed at the Giants from what i remember. You might expect that from some home team announcers but not on a national broadcast. We are very spolied listening to Kruk and Kuip along with Miller.

Remind me if i ever go to a Dodger game in LA to not wear my Giants shirt.
. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6280485
Old 04-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #74
Pro

Fictionix's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Fictionix: Hey that was nice, opposite field too!!

We really seem to struggle against lefties, Torres and Sandoval can't seem to figure them out, although Torres did get it going in the playoffs.

Lincecum really battled last night and for not being on his game pitched terrifically. He wasn't getting his usual k's but until the defense fell apart his pitch count was very low.

Did you guys hear that comment Hershiser made when Belt was up in the 9th, he said Broxton shouldn't throw him anymore slider's and stick with his fastball because he (Belt) had a minor league slider bat speed (or something very similar), i was like WTH kind of comment was that. I really liked Belts approach at the plate, reminds me a lot of Posey in that he doesn't bail and is almost looking to go back up the middle or opposite field,has great patience as well and you can't really teach that, i can see him having a real nice year.

While i'm at it i've got one more beef. I know tv is important but that start time was terrible! I couldn't hardly see what was going on the first 4-5 innings and can't imagine what it must have been like for the players.
thanks man, and would you beleive it that with Lincecum I pitched 7innings and had 5 k's. Only difference is I won 5-3. Yea I agree about Pelt at the plate and how he hangs in there and he has discipline too and doesnt swing at a lot of bad pitches. Lets get the win tonight and smash those Dodgers!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #75
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15

There you go fiction. What a shot. Dead center in LA. Nice.

Longhorns should be happy right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #76
MVP

Wow he really Belted that one!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #77
MVP

Well this game didn't turn out very well. Didn't seem to matter how or where they hit the ball it ended up being a hit.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 47

Huff and Posey had a lot of opportunies but couldn't get it done. Here to a better next two games.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #79
Pro

Fictionix's Arena

hehe I love how the ESPN guy on espn news just showed the highlight of Belts 3 run homer and said "dont mess with someone with the lastname Belt" haha. Yea I was really thinking Posey was gonna come through with the bases loaded but damn! And one other possitive to find in the game was Pablo's amazing catch in foul territoy!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #80
Pro

Fictionix's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzypoof
There you go fiction. What a shot. Dead center in LA. Nice.

Longhorns should be happy right now.
Yes we are! In fact on one of the Longhorn forums I started a Belt thread and lots of people are commenting on it. I really hope some day to make it to SF for a game. I do have Longhorns season tickets for baseball atleast

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »