Home

Your World Series Champions 2011 San Francisco Giants

This is a discussion on Your World Series Champions 2011 San Francisco Giants within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15
Your World Series Champions 2011 San Francisco Giants

Fellow Giants fans the title says it all. We did it, we finally got one and it still has me reveling. With that said there are many questions for the upcoming seasons and knowing that there is a target on our back, especially with the Phillies and our division, do we have what it takes to repeat?

Can our staff, after the extra innings on their arms, stay in form for another run?

Can we find the same magic chemistry that propelled us through September to a title?

Is our hitting good enough, again?

Can Pablo bounce back?

Can Posey avoid the sophomore slump?

Brandon Belt anyone?

Only Harold Reynolds on MLB Network gave us any love as a top 5 team. I don't know about you but I don't mind being the underdog again. We have arguably the best pitching staff in Baseball and I think if we can get into the playoffs and our staff stays healthy we will be a threat. All I know is, I can't wait for this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Your World Series Champions 2011 San Francisco Giants

Opening day moved to March 31st.. in Los Angeles. Think I might have to make my way out there.. though a little scared of getting shanked with a championship shirt on

I think our rotation will be as good as advertised again, barring injuries. Our pitching will keep us in most games. I think out of everyone, I'm a lot more interested to see how Bumgarner will approach this offseason after that type of postseason. He's no longer that rookie who's unknown and he will have a target on his back. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to struggle early.

I still don't think our offense is enough and now that we've lost that knockout punch with Uribe, something has to be generated somewhere. We have a logjam in the OF, specifically in LF. Rowand is still around, as well as Burrell Ross DeRosa and Schierholtz. I don't know what they plan to do with all those guys out there. Torres is the only one I can say will definitely be the opening day CF, with probably Burrell and Ross on the corners to start out.

I'm assuming Tejada will be our opening day SS and we have to hope that Pablo is going to be set to be our everyday 3B. Sanchez at 2nd, Huff at 1st. DeRosa is coming back from injury with the ability to play utility around the diamond and in LF. The left side of our entire field is defensively limited.. let's hope that Pablo can work himself back into shape or else it may get ugly early for our chances to repeat.

I don't doubt Posey and his ability to hit .300, but I don't expect him to hit 30HR's or anything. I think again like Sandoval last year, Posey will have a target on his back and teams will try to find that hole in his swing. Unlike Pablo though, Posey has an extremely sweet swing.. knock on wood.

We'll be hearing Belt's name before long, though it's probably safest to let him start in the minors.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 47

This gets me excited about Belt. They asked Clark he has a swing almost as pretty has his. He said...

Davenport mentioned this to Clark one day when the six-time All-Star, now a special assistant for the big league Giants, visited the organization's high Class A affiliate.

Clark quickly disagreed.

"He has a better swing than I did," Clark said.

That might sound preposterous to legions of fans who cherish the memory of Clark's syrupy, yet savage, stroke. But it reinforces the notion that Belt's an uncommonly talented performer who might become yet another first-year offensive dynamo for the Giants, following Pablo Sandoval (2009) and Buster Posey ('10).

Last edited by Scottdau; 01-12-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

I see we can follow the Giants on Showtime this year. That should be interesting.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
I see we can follow the Giants on Showtime this year. That should be interesting.
I heard about this. I might order Showtime just to see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
MVP

By the way i forgot to mention that you will be able to follow the dodgers at your local laundromat on day old newspapers.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #7
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

Did anyone go to fanfest? I Heard it was a zoo, which is why I stayed away. Ill see them in action on the first day of spring training anyways.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
MVP

Well two games and 2 hrs. + a walk for Pablo not to shabby. I haven't seem pictures of the new Pablo but i read that he looks like a different person now, well looks the same - the boiler!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »