Home

2011 Cincinnati Reds

This is a discussion on 2011 Cincinnati Reds within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #73
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2011 Cincinnati Reds

Bronson was diagnosed with mono. Never had mono myself but heard from other people who had it mention how tired they always felt. He says he won't miss any time dealing with it but I'm not sure how he can't. You get over it by getting lots of rest. Not sure how pitching in baseball games will help him get over it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=6260915
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #74
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
Bronson was diagnosed with mono. Never had mono myself but heard from other people who had it mention how tired they always felt. He says he won't miss any time dealing with it but I'm not sure how he can't. You get over it by getting lots of rest. Not sure how pitching in baseball games will help him get over it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=6260915
Honestly MLB pitchers get a lot of rest.
My best friend pitched for about 10 years in the minors and used to talk all time how easy or boring it was.
Below is the typical pitchers calender.
Day one-pitch in your start
Day two-rest
Day three-light work out typically jogging.
Day four-light throwing session pregame in the bullpen.
Day five- rest
Day 6-starts all over it is your turn in the rotation

As you can see it is pretty easy for a starting pitcher to get alot of rest.
My buddy was a starting pitcher for about 7 years and a relieve pitcher for about 3.
He hated being a reliever because he had to be ready to pitch everyday, he said it was alot for work and less relaxation.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #75
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Opening Day in the Queen City

No cotribution to the conversation, just that phrase give me goose bumps. Also heres this to get you ready for thursday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59KIg...ure=feedf_more
& the call:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUqF9...eature=related
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #76
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
My first season as a baseball fan, and I am excited for opening day. This is why I wish baseball started in May though. Absolutely HATE seeing baseball in cold weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 03-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #77
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
My first season as a baseball fan, and I am excited for opening day. This is why I wish baseball started in May though. Absolutely HATE seeing baseball in cold weather.
Me too. This is a topic for another thread but they really need to start the season in mid-April, play scheduled DH's, play only 152 games or so, and make sure the World Series is done by mid-October at the latest. They'll never do that though.

Anyway, I have tickets to the game Saturday but may have to get rid of them. Might have other plans that would trump the game.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #78
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Really looking forward to more thrills and chills out of the Reds this season! Glad Votto is finally being recognized as one of the best in baseball and the Reds are getting respect (well earned) again! Here's hoping for another NL Central title, and better yet, some playoff wins. I have a feeling we're in the midst of something special in Cincy. Having seen firsthand the Phillies finally break through and get their championship, I'm drawing a lot of parallels. Couple of really good home grown players, sprinkle in some veterans, an extremely deep arsenal of pitchers and a city that's hungry for baseball and a championship. Go Reds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #79
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Really looking forward to more thrills and chills out of the Reds this season! Glad Votto is finally being recognized as one of the best in baseball and the Reds are getting respect (well earned) again! Here's hoping for another NL Central title, and better yet, some playoff wins. I have a feeling we're in the midst of something special in Cincy. Having seen firsthand the Phillies finally break through and get their championship, I'm drawing a lot of parallels. Couple of really good home grown players, sprinkle in some veterans, an extremely deep arsenal of pitchers and a city that's hungry for baseball and a championship. Go Reds!
I still dont think they get as much credit or recognition that they should get.
Just this moring on Mike and Mike Orel Hershiser kind of gave his baseball preview for the year. Well when they talked about the NL Central he said he really liked the Brewers. After mentioning the Brewers he they talked about the Cards and Cubs but they didnt even mention the Reds. How do you not even mention the defending division champs??!
Also watching the MLB network the other night 3 of the 5 guys picked the Cards to win and the other two picked the Brewers.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #80
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I like when my team flies under the radar. As a buccaneer fan, it makes winning that much more enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »