Home

2011 Boston Red Sox

This is a discussion on 2011 Boston Red Sox within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Lester name starter, and their bullpen looks phenomenal this spring. 23-1/3 innings and only allowing 1 run (solo shot by Cabrera) for a combined .039 ERA. An only 12 hits surrendered in that stretch.

Seems like we have too many deserving guys fighting for that last spot or two.

Some nice depth though.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:37 AM   #10
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2011 Boston Red Sox

I'm gonna need to see a few good weeks out of the bullpen before I have much confidence. Bard is great obviously and I like Pap more than a lot of people but other than that their all question marks to me. Okajima was terrible last year and hes the only lefty right now unless Doubront makes it although I'd rather have him as a starter in Pawtucket. Wheeler doesn't excite me at all and Jenks kind of scares me. I like Miller's potential but he was awful last year as well and I'd rather see him start the season in Pawtucket as a reliever and show he can throw strikes consistently.

I think the starters can give them enough innings that it won't be a huge concern unless Daisuke gets yanked in the 4th inning every other start. I don't love the bullpen right now but nobody can ever say for sure they have a great bullpen at the start of the year. Relievers are so hit or miss even veterans can just randomly have a terrible year and then be lights out the next. We definitely could have a great bullpen, Jenks and Bard could be the best set up duo in the league and Okie could shut down lefties again but he could also be done and Jenks could end up being a head case who gets hit around, can't get anyone out and gets cut halfway through the year.

I hope your right but there have been a lot of seasons where the pen looked good to start and then by June every writer and talk show host is yelling about how they need to make a trade for another bullpen arm. It looks like that might not be the case this season but you just never know.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

I was hoping Reyes would make the team.

Good that they signed him. If he pitches like he did this spring, it would be a welcomed edition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #12
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7
Red Sox Fans Opinions Wanted

i set up the Bosox minor leagues on my Show franchise
& i wanted to see if I could get a some opinions on anyone i may have missed that i really should have in the game, what with the limited available slots, thanks.

catcher
ryan lavarnway
luis exposito
tim federowicz
mark wagner

1b
aaron bates

2b
oscar tejeda
tony thomas
sean coyle
nate spears
will middlebrooks

ss
jose iglesias
derrik gibson
xander bogaerts

3b
garin cecchini
kolbrin vitek
jorge jimenez

of
brandon jacobs
juan carlos linares
ryan westmoreland
zach daeges
chih-hsien chiang
jeremy hazelbaker
che-hsuan lin
bryce brentz
bubba bell
henry ramos

i feel like i've got a pretty good handle on the pitching staff
so i won't bother you with that,lol
thanks again
Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
MVP

adice15's Arena

OVR: 18

This may be a bit of a long shot, but I was thinking about starting a Red Sox blog and was wondering if anyone here would be a cowriter or something. If not, thats fine though. I'm just seeing if theres anyone thats interested lol.

EDIT: And even if you're not interested, I need some name suggestions so post any that you think of.

Founder of OS Emu Clan.

Last edited by adice15; 03-27-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

All this baseball today!

I am looking forward to Giants and Dodgers tonight. Just screams baseball opening day since the Sawx are not until tomorrow!

I am jonesin'
Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adice15
This may be a bit of a long shot, but I was thinking about starting a Red Sox blog and was wondering if anyone here would be a cowriter or something. If not, thats fine though. I'm just seeing if theres anyone thats interested lol.

EDIT: And even if you're not interested, I need some name suggestions so post any that you think of.
I've been toying with the thought of starting a Sox and/or Boston sports blog (although there are already a couple million of them... lol) Might be interested in helping out with someone... show me a PM with what you have in mind if you want, but not making any promises just yet.

Oh yeah and I founded and edited a newspaper at the college I used to attend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Less then 30 minutes away. This is the most excited I have ever been for an Opening Day. I can't wait to see what this team does this season!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »