Home

The Friendly Confines: The Official Chicago Cubs Thread

This is a discussion on The Friendly Confines: The Official Chicago Cubs Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #73
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24
I don't get the love with Campana. Sure he is fast but can't hit enough to be a leadoff hitter and is pretty bad on defense. If he got an oppurtunity my guess for his average would be around .245-.250 area.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #74
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Friendly Confines: The Official Chicago Cubs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
I don't get the love with Campana. Sure he is fast but can't hit enough to be a leadoff hitter and is pretty bad on defense. If he got an oppurtunity my guess for his average would be around .245-.250 area.

I love him because he's a friend of mine. My sentiments are purely selfish.

Trying to be objective.. he hit .259 last year in his first season in the majors. He needs to get a better eye at the plate, but you can say that for nearly every rookie. He's one of 3 or 4 legitimate stolen base threats on the team (along with Castro, Sappelt, and maybe Barney).

I can't say much about him defensively. He was great in college, but that was college. He doesn't have much arm strength, but I always thought he got great reads on fly balls. I haven't seen enough of him at the pro level to talk about his defense.

Watch me play video games
Old 01-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #75
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24
Ah I get that then. If he can improve his contact at the plate and could get on base more I would be all over it.. because we need the speed. I just don't think he will. I hope I'm wrong.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #76
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

Campana will get better with experience. The more at bats he gets, the better his eye will get and the contact will follow. If it weren't for Reed Johnson I would say that he's our 4th OF. I completely agree with Baughn, Spring Training will be interesting. I can't wait to see how everything shapes out.

On a side note, Bud Selig has finally stepped in and said that he will decide the compensation for Theo. The Boston Globe reported that an unnamed AL GM said that the Sox will receive a "significant" player in return for Epstein. Hopefully they give them Soriano and all of his contract
Old 02-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 22

IMO the whole compensation thing is ridiculous and unjustified. It's not like we took Adrian Gonzalez from them mid contract. He's a damn GM for god sakes. If he wanted to leave, that should be allowed.

As far as Campana is concerned, I see his peak being around the .270 range. The thing he needs to work on the most is his plate discipline. A .303 OBP for a lead off hitter isn't going to cut it and with his lack of power, isn't going to garner much playing time.

The kid is only 25 and in his first year in the bigs, he definitely could have played worse. He's definitely not going to be a world beater but with some work he could definitely be a good bench player/spot starter for us.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #78
the team

k_mac's Arena

The compensation issue is ridiculous. It's not like the Red Sox had to let us talk to him because he did have a year left on his contract. Regardless, he did get a promotion from GM to President of Baseball Operations. If this is such a big deal then why aren't we talking to the Padres about compensation for Hoyer/McLeod? They left their teams to take the same position with another, both under contract for a few more years.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #79
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCub
The compensation issue is ridiculous. It's not like the Red Sox had to let us talk to him because he did have a year left on his contract. Regardless, he did get a promotion from GM to President of Baseball Operations. If this is such a big deal then why aren't we talking to the Padres about compensation for Hoyer/McLeod? They left their teams to take the same position with another, both under contract for a few more years.
We are, I believe both sides are waiting to see what Boston gets.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #80
the team

k_mac's Arena

I'm anxious to see what we're going to give. I'm sure that it won't be detrimental to the franchise in any way though. They're saying "significant" players, but it all depends on how you view significance. Is a MLB player significant? Is a top twenty prospect? We'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »