Home

The Friendly Confines: The Official Chicago Cubs Thread

This is a discussion on The Friendly Confines: The Official Chicago Cubs Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #17
MVP

Basketball GURU's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Friendly Confines: The Official Chicago Cubs Thread

Cubs sign outfielder David DeJesus

Quote:
The Chicago Cubs signed outfielder David DeJesus to a two-year free-agent contract Wednesday, the team announced.

DeJesus will receive $4.25 million in 2012 and '13, and the team has a $6.5 million option for 2014, with a $1.5 million buyout.

The 31-year-old hit .240 with 10 home runs and 46 RBIs last season with the Oakland Athletics. It was statistically the worst season of a major league career that has spanned parts of nine years.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...-david-dejesus
Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 22

That signing is mind boggling.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #19
MVP

fugazi's Arena

yeah...i mean...i guess a team needs 4th and 5th OFers...

Probably the last we've seen of Colvin...too bad Quade et al didnt give him too much of a shot last year...he struggled...but that's what happens when you are forced to sit for days on end...

Last edited by fugazi; 12-05-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

Well, the hole at 3rd is filled now. We gave up Colvin and LeMahieu for Ian Stewart and Casey Weathers. I'm not sure what I think about this quite yet, I hope the change of scenery helps out Stewart who had a pretty disappointing year in 2011. He's shown that he can play though, and that's a plus. I'm shocked that we gave up Colvin AND LeMahieu, because word coming out of Colorado was they wanted Blake DeWitt straight up for Stewart. They changed their minds, and I wish those guys the best with their new team. And for the other player we received, Weathers, is a minor league pitcher.

I didn't think that Colvin had a chance of staying on the team once we signed DeJesus. Colvin could be once heck of a player, I just don't think he got enough playing time last year to iron out everything that wasn't going for him. Theo & Co. have to figure out what we're going to do for 1st base for next season too. Pena was well liked in the clubhouse, we have LaHair, but in my opinion I think we should go after Mark Trumbo from the Angels. He's young and played relatively well last year. The only problem with this, the asking price may be a little high, just my two cents.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 22

Honestly, LeMahieu isn't going to amount to anything special. Not enough power either. As far as Colvin, he was odd man out. He needs a place where he can play everyday.

It was basically average talent, for average talent hoping both benefit from changes of scenery. Basically a wash for both of us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #22
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't see how this fits with anything, but for what it's worth, we claimed Jeff Bianchi off of waivers from the Royals. Infield depth? The guy plays SS.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #23
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

It was basically a need trade, Cubs Needed a 3B and also I may wrong on this.. But I believe Stewart is actually a good defensive 3B which seems to be the key moving forward.. a More focused effort on D and also has the most upside of the group.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #24
MVP

fugazi's Arena

If they're gonna leave castro at short, then they need all the leather they can get everywhere else.

I wouldnt mind seeing castro at 2b, take his glove out of the game a little.

I also would like to see LaHair get a shot...he did rather well last year in AAA, iirc.

One thing has become quite clear...fans will have to be patient. The FO doesn't look like their going to push things, or make splashes...which is ok.

Last edited by fugazi; 12-10-2011 at 02:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »