Home

2012 Colorado Rockies

This is a discussion on 2012 Colorado Rockies within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2012 Colorado Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Win or lose, the Rockies have been exciting recently, eh? Walkoffs, comebacks, almost-comebacks, etc...games have been fun to watch.

Starting pitching is gonna kill us however. Moyer is a great story, but thats about it. Chacin finally sent down, but for who/what. Not much down in the Springs that's gonna fix the rotation. It's really frustrating to have as good of a lineup as we do, and not have at least the slightest pitching to back it up.
Yeah, I was at the Mets-Rockies game last Saturday where the Rockies almost came back to win.

They still need to figure out the top of the lineup. I really would like to see Eric Young Jr. get a shot in the leadoff spot. He has so much speed and has learned (unlike Fowler) to stop swinging for the fence every swing. Dexter has added some pop, but he's just not a leadoff man as he doesn't get on base enough, and Scutaro is too slow to generate anything.

The pitching is horrid, no other way to put it. When a 49-year-old (he's almost 50) is your best pitcher, you've got problems. Chacin needed to be sent down; he came into Spring Training out of shape and he's missing location by a mile. Nicasio has been OK but he's still inconsistent with his accuracy. Pomeranz did look good the other day, but he's still scuffling along. Guthrie hasn't done anything of note yet, aside from crash his bike.

We're already seeing the effect on the bullpen. Guys are overused and are starting to get lit up. It's only the first week of May ... these guys are going to be TOAST by June.

Like you said, not a ton of help from the farm system.

Guess they should've kept Aaron Cook?

No way they can contend with LA, Arizona and SF without being able to pitch. Yeah, the offense is good, but you can only win so many 9-8 games.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Rockies swept by the Mariners. I was at Sunday's game. Guthrie gave up a lot of long fly balls, several of which left the yard.

This team is in a lot of trouble. De la Rosa has experienced a setback in his rehab, so who knows when he'll actually return.

Hard to support a team that was so poorly put together.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-31-2012, 01:31 AM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Was at the Astros-Rockies game on 5/30 and it was great. Rockies won 13-5. Cuddyer hit a Grand Slam, Dexter went deep and Cargo hit 3 HR's in three-straight AB's.

Tulo left with a groin strain after his AB in the 6th. Hopefully nothing serious.

Dexter appears to have turned a corner. The lineup is better with him at the leadoff spot and Scutaro in the No. 2 hole. Helton is still scuffling, though, so may need to bump Cuddyer up to the No. 5 spot.

Freidrich looked pretty good on the mound. Threw his curve for strikes and had pretty good fastball command. Ran into trouble in the 3rd but rebounded and worked 6 innings.

In other news, the Rockies optioned off Jamie Moyer. Good move as it's more beneficial to the team to give these young guys opportunities to earn spots, and Moyer was really starting to get lit up.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

The pitching for the Rockies makes me cry
Reminds me back of the good ole Bomber days when they had loads of offense, but crap for pitching.
Every starting pitcher has a WHIP over 1.50 and an ERA over 4.50.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
The pitching for the Rockies makes me cry
Reminds me back of the good ole Bomber days when they had loads of offense, but crap for pitching.
Every starting pitcher has a WHIP over 1.50 and an ERA over 4.50.
Yeah, it is bad.

I think Freidrich as a chance to be good, and I'm curious to see how Outman does. I'd like to see Chatwood get a shot, too.

I'll be back at Coors on Sunday. Alex White goes up against LAD. We will see how that pans out.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 06-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Nice Little League homer the Rockies gave up against MIGUEL CABRERA!!!!

Wow.

This team is just so bad. Unfortunately, outside of a sexual harrassment charge, O'Dowd will still be running the club and making bad moves.

Of which, Jason Hammel nearly threw a no-hitter against the Braves and is 7-2 with an ERA under 3 for the Orioles. Glad we gave up on him for Guthrie.

Bad thing is, the way this team is constructed, there's only a handful of guys that you could trade:

Colvin (I'd keep him but the Rox are so in love with Fowler that he is expendable)
Betancourt (could help a team that needs a closer/setup man)
Belisle (again, another contending team would give him a look for bullpen depth)
Hernandez (Rosario is the starter going forward)

I'd throw Cuddyer in there but he's in the first year of his deal. If they dealt him away, it'd look really bad. Giambi could be dealt but he wouldn't bring in anything of value, so it'd probably just be cash considerations.

Not sure how much you'd get back with those players I mentioned above.

Ugh. It's mid-June and I'm already having to think about 2013 because this season is lost.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 06-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #15
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I sure hope they don't trade Colvin. Pitching is where we new the help. I knew coming into this season that was going to be the issue.

I have tickets to all three Rockies games in DC and will most likely be trying to sell them to some crazy Nats fans. You know how DC is they have a winning team and everyone starts going crazy so hope to get money back.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I sure hope they don't trade Colvin. Pitching is where we new the help. I knew coming into this season that was going to be the issue.

I have tickets to all three Rockies games in DC and will most likely be trying to sell them to some crazy Nats fans. You know how DC is they have a winning team and everyone starts going crazy so hope to get money back.
Right, but to get pitching, you've got to give up something. I'd prefer them to keep Colvin, too.

Guthrie and Scutaro are going to be the first two guys shipped out. Giambi may follow and possibly one more guy.

I'll be seeing the Nationals here at Coors Field on Wed. I was hoping Strausburg or Gonzalez would be pitching, but they go today and tomorrow. Still, I'll get to see Bryce Harper play, and I'm excited about that.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »