Home

2014 Cincinnati Reds Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 Cincinnati Reds Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

OVR: 5
2014 Cincinnati Reds Thread

a new thread, WOOOOO (kinda wonder if the howl will return this season)

can't wait for Opening Day. Johnny Cueto, Joey Votto and Shin-Soo Choo vs. and old foe in Albert Pujols, and old teammate in Josh Hamilton and the young phenom in Mike Trout. i'm interested in seeing how Chapman will fair in the rotation and hopefully no bullpen injuries will have to force him back to bullpen, again. i think Votto and Bruce should see a good increase in RBIs if Choo continues his strong presence in lead off. i think this season will bring better things than last year

oh, and here's some big news fresh off the presses - http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...PT04/301140041

about time, huh?

go Reds!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 04:57 AM   #2
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
re: 2014 Cincinnati Reds Thread

I'm counting down the days. I can't wait til Spring Training. I'm still not over the disappointment we witnessed in October. The only cure for that is the 2013 baseball season. Excited to see Choo in a Reds uniform and have a solid leadoff hitter. Nervous about Chapman as a start.

And I'm ecstatic to see the 2015 All-Star Game will be in Cincinnati. I'm going to be there.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12

Pumped about Shin-soo Choo. Someone consistently getting on base for Votto could add to some crazy RBI totals for Joey.

Chapman to the rotation could be a big risk but the upside could be huge! Imagine if he turns into a Randy Johnson type starter. Chapman is a lot more developed than Johnson was at his age.

Nick Massett has some of the nastiest stuff in the league when hes health and on. I think he could be a huge part of our pen this season and if Broxton falters Massett could establish the closer role for awhile.

Todd Frazier - a lot of people seem to be sold on him but I am not. The last few weeks pitchers picked him apart. That error by Rolen in the playoffs seemed to make Reds fans forget how great Rolen is in the field. I want Rolen back. If Rolen doesn't return Reds fans will quickly see how much of a difference Rolen makes at the hot corner. He makes tough plays look easy without being flashy.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm pumped for this year. Is our lineup going to look like this?
Choo, Phillips, Votto, Ludwick, Bruce, Frazier, Cozart, Hanigan, Pitcher?
Having Votto healthy the whole year (hopefully) will be nice as well, and I expect him to be in the running for MVP. Chapman in the rotation is a risk, but it could be a great move as well.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

#Reds and Latos agree to a two-year deal, avoids arbitration. Down to Bailey only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Am I in the minority of wanting Chapman to stay in the bullpen? I guess I'm of the "if ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset.

How do you all feel about Rolen as far as wanting him to stay or hang em up?

Definitely looking forward to baseball as both my football teams were disappointing this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Am I in the minority of wanting Chapman to stay in the bullpen? I guess I'm of the "if ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset.

How do you all feel about Rolen as far as wanting him to stay or hang em up?

Definitely looking forward to baseball as both my football teams were disappointing this year.
I think everyone is kind of thinking 'Hell we won 97 games this way, why mess with it?' And I agree partially but I think when you've got a player with such a high ceiling you've got to give him the opportunity to reach that level. Also I think there is going to be a fairly tight leash on him; I don't really believe if he struggles with fatigue or his ERA is way up after 10 - 15 starts they may rest him and just put him back in the pen.

Its kind of a win win situation because you've got a capable Mike Leake ready to fill the spot if necessary.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I can't wait for the season to start! Even if the Dodgers have bought everyone this year I still like our chances barring health. The defense in the outfield worries me a bit, but having Choo is going to be such an improvement over Stubbs and will allow BP to hit in the 2 spot which is a lot better than cleanup or leadoff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »