Home

2016 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2016 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2016, 03:13 PM   #1
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
2016 Atlanta Braves

Happy New Year, fellow Braves fans! New Year, new thread...

I know there is a lot of negativity around the franchise right now, but I am excited about the direction of the franchise. While the next few years will have growing pains, the payoff will be worth it.

On another note, I watched the MLB Network show on the 1993 pennant race...man, what wonderful times those were to be a Braves' fan. I really think the early 1990's were the best because a) it was after years of apathy and rebuilding and b) there were no expectations. It reminds me of what we have to look forward to in the next few years (hopefully!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2016 Atlanta Braves

Went to the bookstore today and they had calendars 50 percent off. All they had left sports-wise were Alabama, Auburn and Braves calendars. I started to buy the Braves one, but I looked at the back and seven of the 12 players included are no longer on the team. I know they print them early, but that's still pretty amazing for January.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 8

Rumors abound about Cespedes. The Braves are a really long shot, but it would be interesting. Imagine signing him and trading him mid-season to a contender
...yeah not going to happen but I can dream

The Braves haven't made a major move in several weeks. I wonder if the front office is having trade withdrawal.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Rumors abound about Cespedes. The Braves are a really long shot, but it would be interesting. Imagine signing him and trading him mid-season to a contender
...yeah not going to happen but I can dream

The Braves haven't made a major move in several weeks. I wonder if the front office is having trade withdrawal.
everything I saw said only token interest as the Braves weren't going to pay enough, they also were talking to Upton but were way under the final amount

they are talking to agents who ask, but haven't really gotten to serious money discussions
Old 01-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #5
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm ready for baseball.

I hope Atlanta can play spoiler to the Mets...hate seeing them win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 10:05 PM   #6
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I'm ready for baseball.

I hope Atlanta can play spoiler to the Mets...hate seeing them win.
I fully expect the Braves to flirt with .500 this year...they will be so much more fun to watch this year and it's just going to go up from here. I know I'm a minority among Braves fans, but I really believe it.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I fully expect the Braves to flirt with .500 this year...they will be so much more fun to watch this year and it's just going to go up from here. I know I'm a minority among Braves fans, but I really believe it.
Ehh...I love the optimism, SF but uh...I'm expecting a 100 loss season as we have zero offense and traded away our best pitcher.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #8
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Ehh...I love the optimism, SF but uh...I'm expecting a 100 loss season as we have zero offense and traded away our best pitcher.
In 2014 when we had Gattis, Upton, Heyward, a healthy Freeman, etc, do you know how many runs we scored? 573...

Do you know how many runs we scored last year? 573! This was with Freeman being lost for most of the year due to injury, Markakis recovering from his surgery, the revolving door at 3b, Simmons sucking at the plate, and getting nothing off the bench.

Going into this year I think you get more offense from a full year of Olivera, Aybar at SS, a healthy Freeman, a Flowers/AJ platoon, Peterson holds steady, Markakis provides a little bit more pop, and Inciarte leading off. I already posted earlier, but this is already a better lineup than we ran out last year.

Now, the pitching...yes, we traded Shelby and that will hurt in the short term, but I'm excited about all the young pitching that will get a chance now. Above all, our bullpen was a DISASTER in 2015 and this year it will be so much better.

All of that said, injuries obviously would derail things and I'm assuming a healthier year than last...but I really can't see this team being as bad as they were last year. What am I missing? How can you guys see this team as worst this year than last year's disaster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »