Home

**The Official New York Yankees Thread**

This is a discussion on **The Official New York Yankees Thread** within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #1169
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: **The Official New York Yankees Thread**

People are really gonna let Hal get away with turning us into the Mets. I got nothing.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 01-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #1170
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Very much yes.

Harper yes......Machado nope.

But I would not complain if they landed Manny. I am just apprehensive about him after getting the big payday. Just a gut feeling.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 01-11-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:34 PM   #1171
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
People are really gonna let Hal get away with turning us into the Mets. I got nothing.
Can’t act like it’s only Hal operating this way. Most of the other big market teams aren’t throwing money at anyone and everyone simply because they can either. Red Sox haven’t upgraded and appear to be allowing Kimbrel to walk. What have the Dodgers done? Cleared payroll and still haven’t signed Harper which was supposedly the reason they did it in the first place.

Angels? Grabbed a few cheap rotation arms. Cubs? Haven’t spent any more money and haven’t heard anything about them and Harper even though they were supposed to be in on him. Giants? Nothing.

Not many teams seem very interested in handing out huge contracts this offseason either except the Phillies and White Sox. What do they have in common? They both didn’t already have sizable payrolls heading into this offseason. White Sox aren’t contenders if they do nothing, Philly definitely needed some upgrades from the FA market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #1172
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

If I were a fan of those teams I'd be pissed. As it is I don't care about them and it makes me even more angry that Hal isn't doing anything while other owners are sleeping in the market.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:50 PM   #1173
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
If I were a fan of those teams I'd be pissed. As it is I don't care about them and it makes me even more angry that Hal isn't doing anything while other owners are sleeping in the market.
Just pointing out that it’s kind of happening all over the league. Could be the way the league is headed with the luxury tax penalties being made more severe not long ago.
Also worth noting that it’s not only about money anymore, if a team’s payroll gets too high their top draft pick gets 10 spots worse.

And about your previous comment of would you rather have LeMahieu or another Stanton I’d take LeMahieu unless that other Stanton type player is going to consistently have seasons like Stanton’s 2017 NL MVP season. I find LeMahieu more valuable to an already power filled Yankee lineup then another strikeout heavy power bat.

Considering he’s still just 29 and moving to another ballpark that’s great for hitters I’m expecting LeMahieu to be similar to the player he was the past 3 years before last year. He dosen’t need to hit 20+ HR’s or hit the monster shots that Stanton and Judge are capable of. They’ll be fine in the HR department without him contributing much there. A premium defender who consistently hits for average, gets on base, and doesn’t strikeout much? Yes please, a needed addition.

He dosen’t bring star power to the table like Manny or Harper, win us the offseason, or bring a ton of attention, but I am excited to see him in pinstripes anyway.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:22 AM   #1174
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Would you rather have DJ Lamehameha or another Stanton?
Oh, and about ‘Lamehameha’, saw this in the comments on MLB Trade Rumors. Can’t promise that this is 100% correct since it’s not in the article itself and I don’t really wanna bother checking myself, so, :

“2018 stats would’ve put him 3rd on the Yankees in hitting (hits and AVG – less skewed than power numbers) and 2017 would’ve put him as the best hitter on the Yankees (again, hits and AVG). He’s also won a Gold Glove at 2nd each of the last 2 years. The last Yankee infielder to win a Gold Glove was Cano in 2012”
Old 01-12-2019, 06:24 AM   #1175
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

It's really not about baseball anymore, Hal has made that clear. It's about business. So here I am as a customer of this business seeing record revenue, being told they can't afford (or its not smart) to sign star players. That's troubling to me... Because it's not smart for me to travel 8 hours and pay $400 to sit on the dugout when I could do the same thing up the street for $150 for a team that doesn't seem to have a problem spending like the Yankees do. It's not smart for me to pay for MLB Extra Innings when my local TV package comes with MASN. I feel like Hal is spitting in our face and trying to see who will come back. It's far too expensive to be a Yankees fan for me to take these excuses seriously.

AVG, hits, and gold gloves eh? Where would Manny have ranked in those same stats? DJ has one above average hitting season to his name. Last season he was 14% below average. In the 3 years before it, he was -6, +30, -9. The year before that in 149 games he was -34%. It seems like they're betting on a swing change making him Didi 2.0, we will see, but as of now, this guy is not a good hitter. To boot, his strikeout rate is 1% below Manny. YS is a different animal than Coors, he'll have left-center to play with but not as much outfield space overall.

It's good to see Betances settle above his projection. I'm curious to see what each side files for Severino (we filed at 4.4 mil, he at 5.25, taking the ace to arbitration over 800k...but we're saving money to take care of our guys right? OK...) I'll be interested to see how the team goes forward with Didi and Hicks. Wouldn't shock me at all to see Hicks get a big offer somewhere and leave with another year of our window wasted if everything doesn't go well this year. What worries me is how trash we looked when Judge went down, and the idea that we could've done something big to supplement that potential loss, or if Stanton gets hurt, but instead we're fixing problems with duct tape.

In more positive news:

https://twitter.com/BobKlap/status/1083780281759350784

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 01-12-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #1176
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
It's really not about baseball anymore, Hal has made that clear. It's about business. So here I am as a customer of this business seeing record revenue, being told they can't afford (or its not smart) to sign star players. That's troubling to me... Because it's not smart for me to travel 8 hours and pay $400 to sit on the dugout when I could do the same thing up the street for $150 for a team that doesn't seem to have a problem spending like the Yankees do. It's not smart for me to pay for MLB Extra Innings when my local TV package comes with MASN. I feel like Hal is spitting in our face and trying to see who will come back. It's far too expensive to be a Yankees fan for me to take these excuses seriously.

AVG, hits, and gold gloves eh? Where would Manny have ranked in those same stats? DJ has one above average hitting season to his name. Last season he was 14% below average. In the 3 years before it, he was -6, +30, -9. The year before that in 149 games he was -34%. It seems like they're betting on a swing change making him Didi 2.0, we will see, but as of now, this guy is not a good hitter. To boot, his strikeout rate is 1% below Manny. YS is a different animal than Coors, he'll have left-center to play with but not as much outfield space overall.

It's good to see Betances settle above his projection. I'm curious to see what each side files for Severino (we filed at 4.4 mil, he at 5.25, taking the ace to arbitration over 800k...but we're saving money to take care of our guys right? OK...) I'll be interested to see how the team goes forward with Didi and Hicks. Wouldn't shock me at all to see Hicks get a big offer somewhere and leave with another year of our window wasted if everything doesn't go well this year. What worries me is how trash we looked when Judge went down, and the idea that we could've done something big to supplement that potential loss, or if Stanton gets hurt, but instead we're fixing problems with duct tape.

In more positive news:

https://twitter.com/BobKlap/status/1083780281759350784
I agree with you that it’s not worth traveling hours and hours and then pay the outrageous Yankee Stadium ticket prices on top of that. I live a similar distance away as well. For me it’s much more worth it to travel a lot less far and just go see a Braves game, especially now that they are a contender again. If you haven’t been and live a reasonable distance away I would definitely recommend going. Only been their once myself but SunTrust is a pretty beautiful ballpark. That’s assuming you’d have any interest in a non Yankees game and are a baseball fan in general.

Would love to go to Yankee games but long distance + overpriced tickets? No thanks unless I win the lottery or something. I’m content watching on tv from home, it’s just not worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »