Home

**The Official New York Yankees Thread**

This is a discussion on **The Official New York Yankees Thread** within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #769
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: **The Official New York Yankees Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
We just got an upgrade without even making a trade, Sanchez is back to the DL so Romine is likely starting again. At least we have competent defense at catcher again and a guy who will put in effort and hustle. Didn’t lose anything on offense but a huge defensive upgrade.
Not really. Opposing teams were 18 for 21 in stolen bases in the 20 games Sanchez was on the DL. There were also a couple of games Romine had some crucial passed balls. Sanchez is also much better at calling a game and framing than Romine is.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:33 PM   #770
Pro

notsobabybombers's Arena

OVR: 0

Thoughts on the Britton trade? Didn't part with any top-notch prospects and Britton could conceivably return to his former self.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #771
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsobabybombers
Thoughts on the Britton trade? Didn't part with any top-notch prospects and Britton could conceivably return to his former self.
Without any top arms available, they are shortening the games instead.

I know the Twitter comments are all about the Yankees needing a starter but I really don't know who this starter is. Not even the teams in worse position than the Yankees are going after Happ or Hamels. Not a single big starter has been traded.

So Cashman is going the other way. I think it makes sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #772
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

My first thought was if Sonny Gray is still on this team in October, and has to start a game, if he gets through 4 scoreless, get him outta there and hand it to the pen.

We didn't give up any top prospects, from what I've seen they may have been lost in the Rule 5 draft anyway, and we blocked Britton from going to any of the teams we'll have to play against. If he returns to form, it's definitely worth it. I read we still have about 11 mil to play with before we hit the luxury tax to go get a starter with if the opportunity arises (which as CMH says, just may not happen).
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 07-25-2018, 10:44 AM   #773
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
My first thought was if Sonny Gray is still on this team in October, and has to start a game, if he gets through 4 scoreless, get him outta there and hand it to the pen.

We didn't give up any top prospects, from what I've seen they may have been lost in the Rule 5 draft anyway, and we blocked Britton from going to any of the teams we'll have to play against. If he returns to form, it's definitely worth it. I read we still have about 11 mil to play with before we hit the luxury tax to go get a starter with if the opportunity arises (which as CMH says, just may not happen).
Exactly. This is playoff baseball today. Managers pull starters in the fifth.

Having the option to go DRob, Betances, Green, Britton, Chapman to close a game out is very nice.

If Kahnle could figure out whatever the heck is up with him, then that's an insurance arm if someone in that list has a tough inning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-25-2018, 10:50 AM   #774
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

I was actually even entertaining the possibility of going with a full bullpen game for the WCG to save Sevy for the DS but that might be a little drastic.

Seriously though... Warren 2, Green 2, Holder gets you to the 5th, Houdini, Dellin, Britton, Chapman to finish the game. In a pinch, you could do much worse.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 07-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #775
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Cashman did well here.

Will be interesting to see if they are looking to acquire another starter in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #776
Rookie

OVR: 0

The move for Britton seems really solid. All of the reasons mentioned above, especially taking him from the Astros/Red Sox.
It’s really interesting that Eovaldi was just sent to Boston for one pitching prospect. That seems to me that Cashman must not have been interested because he surely could’ve put together a better package. Either we shouldn’t expect a starter to come over or he has someone else lined up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »