Home

2017 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2017 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 03:19 PM   #41
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2017 Atlanta Braves

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
and....

Freddie Freeman's past 107 games (474 PA): .345/.441/.683 with 29 HRs, a 1.123 OPS and a 191 wRC+
I remember Chipper saying Freddie had potential to be a staple 3-hole hitter in the lineup back in 2010 and this was with Heyward playing so well...didn't get it then but boy, was he right.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #42
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
And so it ends., Well 4-0 is the opening record for Suntrust Park. Really hoping we can take the last 2 from the Nats to show them this team isn't a push over anymore.

Pretty good game out of Folty in the loss. I thought he was getting squeezed at times out there, but he still managed to go 7 strong against a good lineup. He still needs to clean up his put away stuff a bit, but tonight was very encouraging.

I'm a little concerned with our RISP success right now. Just because I feel like it's one of those stats that has a tendency to stick with a team all year.
More concerned about our bench and why we took out Jace and Adonis for Chase and Boni. The fact Boni is on this roster is vomit inducing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 04-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #43
All Star

OVR: 8

Glavine is part of an investment group to buy the Marlins. How weird is it going to be to have a Hall of Fame Brave in the division as an owner on another team.

Last edited by KSUowls; 04-21-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:48 PM   #44
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Is it possible the DBacks knew what Dansby ISN'T when they made that trade? He has looked really awful all the way around so far...my biggest concern is his fielding. He has no lateral range and his arm is average. That ball up the middle tonight is a game ending DP with an average MLB SS...instead he falls all over himself.

I'm not giving up on him...we've put our eggs in this basket, so let's see what we have...but man, he's not getting me excited about anything so far.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #45
All Star

It's still early, but there are 2 things that do concern me. His hitting isn't a huge concern to me yet, except that is extremely high strikeout rate isn't too far off from where he was last year. He needs to clean that up if he's going to be a permanent #2 hitter in this lineup. The rest of his at-bats this year have been somewhat unlucky. His BAbip is a paltry .163. He still has plenty of time to turn things around here.

I am 100% concerned about his defense though. Too many errors and not enough range early on in 2016, which is something I think should be far more consistent than hitting.

As a side note. Brandon Phillips needs to be hitting #2 in this lineup. We're completely wasting Freddie's hot start when the 2 guys in front of him aren't getting on. Adonis has been better (he was largely unlucky early on as his hits just were always right at someone), but our best player has just 9 RBI's on 7 homeruns and a .400 BA because the 2 guys in front aren't getting on. After moving Dansby down Snitker is putting too much stock into what Adonis did at #2 in the 2nd half of last year. Put the veteran who is hitting over .300 in that spot there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #46
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
It's still early, but there are 2 things that do concern me. His hitting isn't a huge concern to me yet, except that is extremely high strikeout rate isn't too far off from where he was last year. He needs to clean that up if he's going to be a permanent #2 hitter in this lineup. The rest of his at-bats this year have been somewhat unlucky. His BAbip is a paltry .163. He still has plenty of time to turn things around here.

I am 100% concerned about his defense though. Too many errors and not enough range early on in 2016, which is something I think should be far more consistent than hitting.

As a side note. Brandon Phillips needs to be hitting #2 in this lineup. We're completely wasting Freddie's hot start when the 2 guys in front of him aren't getting on. Adonis has been better (he was largely unlucky early on as his hits just were always right at someone), but our best player has just 9 RBI's on 7 homeruns and a .400 BA because the 2 guys in front aren't getting on. After moving Dansby down Snitker is putting too much stock into what Adonis did at #2 in the 2nd half of last year. Put the veteran who is hitting over .300 in that spot there.
Agreed on Swanson's hitting...it hasn't bothered me yet because he is hitting the ball, just at people. I'm MUCH more concerned about his glove...he has looked Tyler Pastronicky like out there and that's not a good thing! I remember hearing a scout say he could see him moving to 3B at some point, but he really loses a lot of value as a 3B because I don't see him hitting enough to be a 3B.

Agreed on Phillips as well...he should be the #2 guy right now. This team feels like they are on the cusp on doing well with a lot of 1-run losses already, but at the same time I think that they are just not a good team who will continue to find ways to lose.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:34 AM   #47
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Is it possible the DBacks knew what Dansby ISN'T when they made that trade? He has looked really awful all the way around so far...my biggest concern is his fielding. He has no lateral range and his arm is average. That ball up the middle tonight is a game ending DP with an average MLB SS...instead he falls all over himself.

I'm not giving up on him...we've put our eggs in this basket, so let's see what we have...but man, he's not getting me excited about anything so far.
Of course it's possible. People don't just get rid of #1 picks.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #48
All Star

Anyone else feel like the Braves' don't challenge enough calls? There have been 4 or 5 calls so far in the first month of the season which they chose not to challenge which I thought they would for sure win. Just now the out call on Freddie running to first and the steal of 3rd the other night come to mind recently. Maybe they are just taking into account situations. Like the Freddie one just now was with 2 outs and no one else on. That's the only thing I can think of.

Folty is dealing today.

Last edited by KSUowls; 04-30-2017 at 03:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »