Home

Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed)

This is a discussion on Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KSJFTD0P

I decided to simplify the heck out of this program!!!

The ratings are now in order of how they appear on the game, and separated by position for an easier time entering them into the game! I also labled the tabs so everybody knows where to go for each rating. I hope this makes things easier for all you roster makers using this program, this will likely be the final version of this, ENJOY!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Kritter, I sure wish I came across this post a few weeks ago! I've been working on a spreadsheet as well, that incorporates Bahnzo's algorithms that were provided in a post by TT. I've yet to download your spreadsheet but will likely do that soon to check it out.

I tend to have more of an interest in making ******s prior to 1954 (which I believe is when Bahnzo mentioned that splits weren't available), at least from baseball-reference. There is some serious potential out there to be done for splits prior to 1954, but I've not looked into opening that can of worms yet. Complete box scores can be found all the way back to 1919. So you can imagine, with complete box scores and pitching lines, one can determine based on inning's pitched, which batters were facing which pitchers in which innings. Retrosheet also has download-able box score files. Putting it all together is the key.

With my mention of having interest primarily in years prior to the splits, you can imagine that the creation of our spreadsheets differ very much. Because the splits don't exist (in a form that I would be willing to use), I've had to rely on a generic split methodology of suggesting that a batter will do a bit better against the opposite hand pitcher and a little worse than the same hand pitcher. So I have taken the players overall average, split it by multiplying by 1.1 for opposite hand and 0.9 for same hand. At this point, I just apply Bahnzo's contact algorithm. I haven't had a chance to input any player ratings yet to test this out.

All in all, I've incorporated Bahnzo's algorithms in my spreadsheet, but still have a few stat ***egories that I can't use either Bahnzo's or TT's algorithms because I'm not as willing as most to input these stats by hand. ZouDave hit the nail right on the head in a previous post, as to the methodology I take in importing stats into the spreadsheet via the .csv format from baseball-reference. I too used the Bill ***** speed rating by having to create almost a dozen different columns to address each of the different formula's associated with each of BJ's Speed Factors.

All in all, I do the following to import my stats.
1. Go to baseball-reference, lo***e the team i wish to import, and sort the batting stats first alphabetically by player name (to make sure that each player shows up in each worksheet in the same order - so row's can be referenced across all worksheets by row #).
2. Convert that table to .csv by clicking the .csv link.
3. Copy and past that .csv data into a .txt file.
4. Open my spreadsheet template, and import the .csv data by delimited field. That takes care of importing the Batting stats and creates all batting sliders. The sliders that are based on splits have to be confirmed and modified via copy/paste to make sure righties, lefties, and switch hitters have their proper formulas.
5. Rince and repeat for Pitching and Fielding stats. (only I've found that baseball-reference has a bit of an issue with .csv working for Fielding, so I just save and import that as tab delimited instead of comma delimited).

Each of my spreadsheet effectively have the following worksheets.
1. Batting ****** (baseball-reference stats for hitters)
2. Player Sliders (combo of offensive/defensive sliders)
3. Pitching ****** (baseball-reference stats for pitchers)
4. Pitching Sliders
5. Fielding ****** (baseball-reference stats for fielding)

If anyone would be interested in checking out my spreadsheet, feel free to give me holler. I think it still needs some work on arm str and accuracy values, (my clutch value isn't based on runs created because I don't go into the baseball-reference advanced batting stats, so mine is based on OPS+) <-- I think that might be a little weak, but still decent. Testing will prove or disprove that.

I look forward to checking out your spreadsheet, but fear it won't be pertinent to my desire of playing the early years of baseball. I lived half the 70's, and all the 80's, 90's, and 2000's, so those years don't interest me as much as the guys I didn't get a chance to see.

Take care all, and I've thoroughly enjoyed these posts.

Oh, can anyone point me in the direction of the post that was made for MLB 10 The Show, concerning an online league capability that allowed for playing leagues with less than 30 teams (i.e the old days that I wish to replay)? I think the post was by ******, but I haven't been able to lo***e it recently.

Last edited by kin9pin5; 04-01-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #59
Rookie

I feel like a n00b. What is this program used for?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #60
Rookie

They are spreadsheets that incorporate statistical algorithms (first researched and created by a member named Bahnszo), to read in real baseball statistics and create the slider values that are required to dupli***e the players in MLB 1x The Show. Basically, owners of MLB The Show go in and create players and use the values generated by the spreadsheets, to dupli***e players/seasons they wish to use in-game.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #61
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2

Along with the avatar, it is an A-p-r-i-l F00l J0ke (these words are part of it)

Just like the word r0sters, and c@t.

Last edited by emath; 04-01-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #62
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter77
No, the pitch Fx part has been made private or taken off by Bahnzo and only he can put it back on, and I don't think he will, but at least you can get the non pitch related pitcher stats, here is the link, download the first link on the page!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...available.html
I tried to download them but it is saying that the uploader has removed the file. Could anyone that has it, please upload it and provide a link?!?

Thanks!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #63
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
I tried to download them but it is saying that the uploader has removed the file. Could anyone that has it, please upload it and provide a link?!?

Thanks!!!!

try this link

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ls-2010-a.html
Old 04-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #64
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Could someone please post a rating calculator for pitchers? I have tried and tried and tried to download Bahnzo's work and cannot get it to operate. I used to use it all the time, but it no longer will load players no matter what year I select. I also get an error message that the program has stopped working.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »