Home

MLB 2012 - 1996 Classic Roster Project

This is a discussion on MLB 2012 - 1996 Classic Roster Project within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 2012 - 1996 Classic Roster Project

I can't wait for these rosters. I can change some history and the braves will repeat.

are you doing the 40 man roster or just the standard 25?

if you need help let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #42
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Hey Baumy, great work thus far man. It is people like you that truly add replay value to the game. I still play 10 because of knights 2000 roster set lol. Just incredible. Anyways, what are you going to do about the D-Backs and Rays? Are you gonna create the 98 version? Or are you just going to put random players? Sorry if I missed it man. Thanks!!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #43
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace902
hey baumy ive been trying to make a jeter for a while to and i just cant get him idk what it is lol but i did make a pretty good young arod tho hes in the vault under PSN Pandorasbox902 check him out and leme know what you think if u need any help with some players leme know and ill be glad to help i also got so other guys from the 96 season in the vault so feel free to use those if u want
Don't feel bad man. I tried to make Jeter as well and I can't seem to get anywhere close. I did however go and download your A-Rod after reading this. Hell of a job. I replaced the one I made and kept yours for the final copy. I will let you know which stars are remaining and we'll see if we can't put our heads together and do some work. Thanks for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeYankee
Ill be looking for this one. Im going to create my own personal vault for The Show 12 by saving these to my usb if possible and putting them in a rar file so I dont run into issue like in 11.

Great work i look forward to rewinning the 96 WS with my Yanks
Nice. I hope that works for you. Yanks pitching staff is filthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfire2001
I can't wait for these rosters. I can change some history and the braves will repeat.

are you doing the 40 man roster or just the standard 25?

if you need help let me know.
Right now just 25 man rosters. It's pretty time consuming and I didn't feel that full 40 man rosters would be necessary right away. It's something we could do when the whole project is done though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Hey Baumy, great work thus far man. It is people like you that truly add replay value to the game. I still play 10 because of knights 2000 roster set lol. Just incredible. Anyways, what are you going to do about the D-Backs and Rays? Are you gonna create the 98 version? Or are you just going to put random players? Sorry if I missed it man. Thanks!!!!
Thanks, I appreciate it. Right now I have completed the Rays and just used random players to keep it "real" rather than using the 98 team where there would be duplicates. I tried to keep them somewhat competitive, but not really that good either. Give me until the middle of the week or so, I should be done with the AL then and you can check them out.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 03-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 2

Hey, I am actually working on a 1995 roster, or at least for the League Championship teams. I would do the whole league, but I try to make the faces/stances/pitching motions as accurate as possible, and each player takes a while to make, so even one team takes me over a week.

I've actually uploaded about 6 players already, if you want to take a look, and feel free to use them for your roster.

I did also make some changes to a few of your players, mostly in the pitching/batting stances. Julio Franco was changed to stance 79, and Greg Maddux to pitching motion 83. Randy Johnson was changed to motion 71.

Anyways, if you want a little help, I am definitely creating the Indians, Mariners, Braves, and Reds, starting with the Indians.

My PSN ID is the same as here: Skopin.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #45
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Hey, I am actually working on a 1995 roster, or at least for the League Championship teams. I would do the whole league, but I try to make the faces/stances/pitching motions as accurate as possible, and each player takes a while to make, so even one team takes me over a week.

I've actually uploaded about 6 players already, if you want to take a look, and feel free to use them for your roster.

I did also make some changes to a few of your players, mostly in the pitching/batting stances. Julio Franco was changed to stance 79, and Greg Maddux to pitching motion 83. Randy Johnson was changed to motion 71.

Anyways, if you want a little help, I am definitely creating the Indians, Mariners, Braves, and Reds, starting with the Indians.

My PSN ID is the same as here: Skopin.
Awesome. I actually have not made a Maddux yet, but I will change the stances and deliveries for Franco and Johnson. One big help would be to list proper stances and deliveries for the players you are sure of. It would really help due to the fact that it is not only time consuming as can be, but almost impossible to get every stance and throwing motion right all the players.

Let me know if you come up with any more stances and deliveries man. I'm more than open to constructive criticism.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #46
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I love classic rosters, so I'll certainly be checking this set out when it's completed.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #47
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Damn....
I missed this thread somehow!

I wish I would have seen it earlier as I'm in the middle of mocking up the 1994 historical season. The season that never was!

Well....perhaps I'll go back to an older season.

Good luck with this one though baumy!
Looking forward to it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #48
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Damn....
I missed this thread somehow!

I wish I would have seen it earlier as I'm in the middle of mocking up the 1994 historical season. The season that never was!

Well....perhaps I'll go back to an older season.

Good luck with this one though baumy!
Looking forward to it.

M.K.
Knight165
Well I told you like 3 times I was doing it, ya knucklehead

Really though, your rosters are usually insanely good. There's no reason to stop (unless you want to) making the 94 season.

Either way, we all win if you recreate any season.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »