Home

OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '13)

This is a discussion on OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '13) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser
Count me in. I'll be happy to take on Minnesota and Colorado and as many other teams as possible.

I also have a spreadsheet I've been working on for a number of months. It includes the top 70+ all time players for each franchise. The columns include first name, last name, position, age, jersey number, height, weight, bats, throws, WAR, stance/delivery and notes. The notes include the pitch types for almost every pitcher (from the Neyer/James guide to pitchers and PITCH/FX) and the notable strengths and weaknesses of position players.

The players are sorted according to position and then the WAR value for the franchise they are assigned. In other words Andre Dawson's WAR value is based on his years in Chicago and doesn't include his years in Montreal because I've got him on the Cubs roster. I'll be happy to share this spreadsheet if it adds value.

There are some tough decisions that have to be made on players that played and starred for multiple franchises. In general I try to place a player on the franchise he played for the most years and/or had the most success. Some tough decisions include Randy Johnson, Reggie Jackson, Andre Dawson, Catfish Hunter, Jimmie Foxx, Frank Robinson, Cy Young, Gary Carter, Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, and many others.
some will be a bit hard to place i agree but it will work out in the end, and in general, if one team is lacking in star power (ie w/ Randy Johnson and seattle vs arizona, send him to arizona since there is less to choose from vs seattle pitchers and it will prevent us from having someone like Omar Daal be on the roster and help keep someone like Mark Langston on seattle)

basically see what player we would have to drop/add from the team and which ever is the 'worse' player, drop him and add the player to that team
Old 01-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #10
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
Its getting close to that time of year again, and I want to get a head start this year on the Classic Roster.

Who else is up for it this year?

last year we had a great effort by a bunch of people, myself, bedwardsroy19, pjsnell, hoser, bigklu, scooter (im probably missing some)

Last year was also chaotic with multiple copies and other issues that dragged this out, so what I would like to do is assemble a team of roster/face makers and then just assign out teams and players for that person to create, which I feel will work better then so and so doing what they want when they want and will give us a realistic release date for this roster.

Obviously if you have a home town favorite team/year etc feel free to pipe up about that and I'm sure it would be easy to accommodate.

Alot of the CAPS from last year can be used again this year, you just have to load up last years games and transfer over the formula (taking a video or photos of the tv and each setting works the easiest)

so in all honesty, this should not take that long, and we might even, if we get enough people helping out, be able to get this roster up before Knight and his crew (who do an amazing job with the FULL Minors roster)

~DrSublime

link to the team and my file thread from last year

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...show-12-a.html

DrSublime's CAP Roster File
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ster-file.html

commited: drsublime, hoser, csura999

Did you just throw down the gauntlet!!!

j/k.....if they don't get picked up or are not completed by the time the Full Minors roll out...I'll chip in with the Mets.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
MVP

drsublime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Did you just throw down the gauntlet!!!

j/k.....if they don't get picked up or are not completed by the time the Full Minors roll out...I'll chip in with the Mets.

M.K.
Knight165
haha awesome!

it'll be easier for me to get this done this year then before, a lot are going to be copies of players from last year..

which will be easy since I have 2 hdtv's and 2 ps3's and i can just blow through them since a lot were spot on last year and its just copying over my old formula.

honestly I can probably get a few teams done a day doing this

and i'm currently a stay at home dad, so that give me a craap load of free time when the kids are at school

and if you need any help w/ the minors (face creations are my speciality) let me know and i should be able to help out if needed

Last edited by drsublime; 01-13-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
MVP

drsublime's Arena

quick note:

I have no trouble w/ player models, faces, gear, stances etc,

but im not the best w/ player ratings, so I will need someone who excels in this area to be the final QA point on ratings
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
MVP

drsublime's Arena

hoser, you mind sending me that spreadsheet of the top 70 players per team
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
hoser, you mind sending me that spreadsheet of the top 70 players per team
Yes, I'm at work now but will try and post it on Google docs tonight.

There's still some work to do in order to get every position player's stances recorded. I do have names, positions, heights, weights and throw/bat hand recorded for 70+ players per team however. I also have most of the pitcher's stances and pitch types recorded.

One thing to note is that this spreadsheet included players from as far back as the late 1800's. Many people won't have a clue who some of the players are; specially if you're not into all eras of the game.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #15
MVP

drsublime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser
Yes, I'm at work now but will try and post it on Google docs tonight.

There's still some work to do in order to get every position player's stances recorded. I do have names, positions, heights, weights and throw/bat hand recorded for 70+ players per team however. I also have most of the pitcher's stances and pitch types recorded.

One thing to note is that this spreadsheet included players from as far back as the late 1800's. Many people won't have a clue who some of the players are; specially if you're not into all eras of the game.
sweet sounds good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #16
MVP

drsublime's Arena

loaded up '11 and 12' to see what cap's I already had completed that I can transfer over with the formula's...

and honestly, as long as the formula's still translate, this is going to be a cakewalk (for player models).

Last edited by drsublime; 01-14-2013 at 06:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »