Home

MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #409
Rookie

nevadaO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1

Thank you so much to all those involved. Tonight my MLB 13 The Show experience can begin.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #410
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodem
Well I haven't had a chance to check out everything, but Oscar Taveras an 83 really jumps out (Pretty sure he's a right fielder too, unless that changed). I tend to go by MLB.com's 2013 prospect rankings, and by that Jurickson Profar is pretty much the best prospect in baseball. Doesn't mean he's the highest rated by any means, but each player is graded on things such as power, speed, fielding and so forth, so you can kinda get a feel where most of these players should be when stacked up against players they rank on that list that are already in the game (Profar, Olt and a few others). I'd say the top guys like Taveras and Myers should be around 78 max, but lower most likely. I actually made those guys and a few others and posted them in the vault already. Same as my screen name when looking for them.

I think the contact and power ratings on some of these guys are way too high. And Billy Hamilton I feel deserves a little more power, a little less contact. And Danny Hultzen an 80? No way. Dylan Bundy has the distinction of being the best pitching prospect, so there's your cutoff for any pitching prospects, period. I wouldn't even put Hultzen that far ahead of Taijuan Walker, if at all to be honest.
Since the Mariners are my team and I did the ratings I guess I'll do the explaining:

IMO Profar and Bundy should be higher, boost Profar's contact to the mid-60's (which would correspond to a ~.265 AVG on Knight's charts) and he's an 83, boost Bundy's control and BB/9 and give him proper pitch edits and he's an 83 as well...

For Hultzen you really need to look at the sum of his parts. If it wasn't for the command issue at AAA (which I believe to be a blip on the radar based on his track record and what he did this spring) he would be a top 10 pitcher, maybe even a top 10 prospect. I also used a combination of ZiPS/Oliver/Steamer/whatever else is on Fangraphs and my personal knowledge and intuition to rate the M's system, so if someone seems high then you're probably underrating them and vice versa.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #411
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Also one prob with Angels minors...SP Michael Clevenger has pitches but no ratings for them. He's listed at 32 ovr lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #412
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Damn that's crazy... Is this in your franchise? Who was called up?

On another note, anyone care to share some feedback on how the following players look:

Bruce Rondon
Bubba Starling
Addison Russell
Mike Zunino
Billy Hamilton
Oscar Taveras
Stryker Trahan
Trevor Story

These are the CAPs I feel I knocked the **** out of the park, but of course that's my biased opinion lol. These are the the CAPs that I like the most (besides my own of course lol):

Gary Sanchez
Nick Castellanos
Kaleb Cowart
Jose Fernandez
Jorge Soler
Johnny Hellweg

The likeness is on-point.
It's cool how everyone has their own take on likeness. Thought they looked pretty good man, your zunino is your best in my opinion.
i actually created my own set of top prospects that I'm currently transferring the osfm ratings to, and some are of the same guys u listed. Will be cool to compare with the ones u knocked out of the park
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #413
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
That's an awfully aggressive overall for Michael Wacha. 21 innings in pro ball and he's already big league ready? Yikes. Also he's 21, not 20.
Sorry about the age, my mistake. Everything I've read and seen shows that he is close to MLB ready. The Cardinals placed him in AAA to start the season, and that says a lot. Yadi had a quote somewhere saying that Wacha was absolutely big league ready right now. Some members of the front office were supposedly pushing for him on the MLB squad. Regardless, I'm sure we will see him on the big club before the year is done.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 04-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #414
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

I just noticed a mistake I made on the dbacks. SP Eddie Bonine is 31 years old, rosters have him listed at 23.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #415
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Since the Mariners are my team and I did the ratings I guess I'll do the explaining:

IMO Profar and Bundy should be higher, boost Profar's contact to the mid-60's (which would correspond to a ~.265 AVG on Knight's charts) and he's an 83, boost Bundy's control and BB/9 and give him proper pitch edits and he's an 83 as well...

For Hultzen you really need to look at the sum of his parts. If it wasn't for the command issue at AAA (which I believe to be a blip on the radar based on his track record and what he did this spring) he would be a top 10 pitcher, maybe even a top 10 prospect. I also used a combination of ZiPS/Oliver/Steamer/whatever else is on Fangraphs and my personal knowledge and intuition to rate the M's system, so if someone seems high then you're probably underrating them and vice versa.
I echo this, but for Taveras since I did the Cardinals. Profar was rated awfully low by SCEA, in my opinion.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #416
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, if I'm editing all the other players and bumping them up, I can understand that, but going by the original rosters, I guess I can make my point, but I understand what you're saying if we're talking about editing the players already in the game. I tend to leave those alone for the most part unless it's a glaring thing (Like Wilin Rosario's power last season). Again, they're all prospects, so rating them really high when they're gonna grow a lot in the game as is will let these guys turn into beasts, and fast. LOL.

I just try to compare them to what the game already gives us and scouting reports and whatnot, and you can get a good sense for where their important individual ratings should fall for the most part. Again, that's just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »