Home

Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14

This is a discussion on Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Easy
I downloaded the NL file off the vault, and have just a few quick questions for you.

I'm assuming all ratings for the NL are complete, right? I don't know why, but I was confused as to if some players were rated correctly or others were left for interpretation.

Second, I noticed there are a few more bench players than relief pitchers. I didn't actually count the amount of pitchers on each staff (dumb on my part lol). Was that done intentionally?

Thanks!
The ratings were done to be as accurate as possible, except for the appearences which arent 100% done yet. But, players have the right skin colors, right facial hair, right hair style and color....

Every player who played a game in the show in 1994 is in the data, so if a team used more fielders than pitchers, then they'll have more fielders, yes.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 04-28-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
I have one team left to do in the East.......I won't be able to work on it again until the weekend but I'm looking to have the NL East uploaded by Saturday and I'll get right to work on the rest of the NL
Awesome!

I think you'll have an easier time with equipment going foward because I generic'd the equipment of my template players, so some things (like that Nike logo on the jersey) are no longer around because they wouldn't have been around in 94. Also, modern catcher masks, knee savers, all braces, are gone.

Are there pieces of equipment you'd say A LOT of players use? I can edit my data to put it in so you won't have to change it in the future.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 04-28-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #75
Rookie

creator2700's Arena

OVR: 0

Is there a reason the Brewers aren't done in the NL complete file? Jw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #76
Rookie

creator2700's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2700
Is there a reason the Brewers aren't done in the NL complete file? Jw
I bet it's because the were in the AL in 94...

Did I just answer my own question?
Old 04-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnell10
It's a lot easier just to put 2 tv's and 2 PS3/4's together and copy away. Skips all of the writing info down part.
Take pictures...then put them on the laptop/computer monitor next to the TV...copy over. Skips the writing part.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:23 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2700
I bet it's because the were in the AL in 94...

Did I just answer my own question?
Yes!

I'll get there.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan34
Take pictures...then put them on the laptop/computer monitor next to the TV...copy over. Skips the writing part.
Good idea in theory, but I just tried it with my iPod and it takes less time to write it down. Thing is, in copying mode, I can work the controller with one hand and the keyboard wth the other and now I can do it real quick.

If I had a camera that would produce a perfect shot without me having to resize the shot and fix the glare from the TV, etc then it would be better... but it would still take 15+ pictures to capture all the info I have in my spreadsheet.

BUT, if I ever have to do equipment/faces, I think pictures would be the way to go.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent

BUT, if I ever have to do equipment/faces, I think pictures would be the way to go.
I tried it that way once with the faces by taking pictures.....I tapped out after doing one player lol.....you have to take a picture of each little detail, took me a half an hour just to take all the pictures needed for one player......then I tried another way by recording and taking screenshots......that went a lil quicker, took about 15-20 mins to grab all the screens needed

With the TVs side by side, takes me about 8-10 mins per player to port over the faces/equipiment......I've always appreciated the roster makers out there, but since I've recently started doing this, I can tell you this is a definitely a job that is a labor of love

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »