Home

Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 12 Version]

This is a discussion on Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 12 Version] within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 12 Version]

I'm a bit confused; are you actually playing the CPU or are these just CPU vs. CPU sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacory12
I'm a bit confused; are you actually playing the CPU or are these just CPU vs. CPU sliders?
This is a CPU vs. CPU slider set.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #27
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Thanks for elaborating.

And, for what it's worth, you make my top 10 list of Operation Sports members.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #28
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Thanks for elaborating.

And, for what it's worth, you make my top 10 list of Operation Sports members.
I have a feeling that those who are intensely hated by certain people in general live more interesting lives than those who get all that superficial love from people who really don't care. Hence I strive to be hated.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the work Nomo, I have been silently following your thread while I continue my testing. I am getting some good results by doing a couple things, I have lowered fouls to 4 which is producing more swings and misses. I have also dropped consistency and strike frequency to 4, this has raised the number of walks and has helped in moving the runs, hits, XBH and HR's to a better level. I have also taken your advise and dropped the fielder running speed to 4 and the arm strength all the way to 0, this has helped to produce a better average between singles and XBH. One thing that was concerning is the number of hits due to quite a few infield singles and balls tipping off 2B and SS gloves, I am working on the raising the fielder reaction to possibly eliminate some of this. The other change made was that I raised the baserunner speed to 6, this helps on DP's and does not seem to grossly affect the amount of XBH. I will be testing and hope to get a 50 game sample done this week, so far so good. Thank you for being my guide, your work points me in the right direction.

Steve
Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
Thanks for the work Nomo, I have been silently following your thread while I continue my testing. I am getting some good results by doing a couple things, I have lowered fouls to 4 which is producing more swings and misses. I have also dropped consistency and strike frequency to 4, this has raised the number of walks and has helped in moving the runs, hits, XBH and HR's to a better level. I have also taken your advise and dropped the fielder running speed to 4 and the arm strength all the way to 0, this has helped to produce a better average between singles and XBH. One thing that was concerning is the number of hits due to quite a few infield singles and balls tipping off 2B and SS gloves, I am working on the raising the fielder reaction to possibly eliminate some of this. The other change made was that I raised the baserunner speed to 6, this helps on DP's and does not seem to grossly affect the amount of XBH. I will be testing and hope to get a 50 game sample done this week, so far so good. Thank you for being my guide, your work points me in the right direction.

Steve
Thanks for the update. One thing is that I don't believe Fielder Reaction has much to do with balls tipping off the middle infielders, unless you are talking about those difficult plays that require a good range for them to get to the ball. I'm just going by the in-game description though.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree, my only thought was that if you raise the reaction for the fielders then possibly the infielders will come up with a couple extra grounders over the course of the game because they are there a half step sooner. It's a theory I am testing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Nomo, I noticed that lowering arm strength and baserunning speed seem to go hand and hand. I had run speed on 4 and arm strength on 4 for a while. But I was seeing too many balls going to the wall and the guy staying on first base. Runners also not being able to score on singles from 2nd base. Also outfielders arms appeared too weak. I also was seeing hardly any triples. I put back to default both the baserunning speed and the arm strength. Also arm stength being lowered affected the catchers throwing and the fast baserunners usually were always safe when stealing. Putting arm strenght back to 5 and baserunning speed back to 5 seemed to correct the imbalance. ONLY lowering the fielding speed seems to make sense to me to increase extra base hits. What are your thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »