Home

Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 12 Version]

This is a discussion on Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 12 Version] within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #401
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 12 Version]

I know it may be a bit premature but Do u Think you'll keep pc at 10 or level it off to 7-8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #402
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
I know it may be a bit premature but Do u Think you'll keep pc at 10 or level it off to 7-8
I'm going with Pitcher Control = 7 just to reduce offense a bit.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #403
Pro

OVR: 0

Mr Nomo Sir;
May I congratulate you on your fine hard work and EXCELLENT results?
I started my Franchise Saturday morning with the Patch and your sliders.
I think I'm having multiple orgasms every pitch and every batter.
It's just sooooo great!
I especially love your fielding and throwing errors settings.

That being said; I took it upon myself to set my own pitcher stamina and injury ratings.
I'm going one higher than you on the stamina since I want to see more complete games than real life. So I think I went with an 8. I might increase it by one once I've gone through the entire pitching rotation. I want to see Aces going at least 8 innings on a regular basis. Basically I'd like to see pitching performances like back in the 70's.
I also went slightly higher on the injury rate. To me, there should be frequent minor injuries. Maybe one major injury per team per season.
Frequent minor injuries (one per team per week) means more roster movement, lineup changes etc. If figured correctly, there should be a steady stream of call-ups from the minors.
I don't want it to go too far, yet I want to see more activity than I've seen so far.

But.. Isnt this just the greatest baseball game you've ever seen???
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #404
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
Mr Nomo Sir;
May I congratulate you on your fine hard work and EXCELLENT results?
I started my Franchise Saturday morning with the Patch and your sliders.
I think I'm having multiple orgasms every pitch and every batter.
It's just sooooo great!
I'm glad you found this out. It is the combination of Contact = 4 and Pitcher Control = 7 that's doing the magic. The game's been coded to stimulate your prostate via DualShock 3 when this specific combination is used.

Quote:
That being said; I took it upon myself to set my own pitcher stamina and injury ratings.
I'm going one higher than you on the stamina since I want to see more complete games than real life. So I think I went with an 8. I might increase it by one once I've gone through the entire pitching rotation. I want to see Aces going at least 8 innings on a regular basis. Basically I'd like to see pitching performances like back in the 70's.
I also went slightly higher on the injury rate. To me, there should be frequent minor injuries. Maybe one major injury per team per season.
Frequent minor injuries (one per team per week) means more roster movement, lineup changes etc. If figured correctly, there should be a steady stream of call-ups from the minors.
I don't want it to go too far, yet I want to see more activity than I've seen so far.

But.. Isnt this just the greatest baseball game you've ever seen???

I think it's a good adjustment, though I note that the game actually tends to produce more complete games than the MLB ave. by default, likely because AI mangers are hesitant of pulling starters allowing few runs when there's a big enough lead to be comfortable.

You should feel free to adjust things to your liking, especially things like Stamina......
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #405
Pro

OVR: 0

The thing that's so cool about your sliders... Is how the fielders and the ball physics are interacting.
As you know, I play CPU vs CPU and I play (watch) the full MLB schedule.
It took me all day Saturday and most of the afternoon Sunday to get through the early Cards/Marlins night game, and the six or seven Openers the next day.
I gotta tell ya,
I saw inside the park HRs, dropped balls in the outfield, double steals, collisions at home plate, a runner advancing from first to home on a single, a complete game,passed balls, wild pitches, and just a lot of really cool ballhandling mishaps, balls dropping out of an outfielders glove when he backed into the wall too hard, numerous times when the outfielder kicked the ball or got the ball tangled up between his feet.
And I didnt see any of this before the patch and your sliders.
I must admit I didnt get serious with my season until the Patch on Friday.
But what I was trying to say was that on my Opening Day, I saw something new almost every inning. It was exciting and wide open baseball.

And yet, the scoring was realistic.

So I'm recommending to everybody, these are the sliders you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #406
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
The thing that's so cool about your sliders... Is how the fielders and the ball physics are interacting.
As you know, I play CPU vs CPU and I play (watch) the full MLB schedule.
It took me all day Saturday and most of the afternoon Sunday to get through the early Cards/Marlins night game, and the six or seven Openers the next day.
I gotta tell ya,
I saw inside the park HRs, dropped balls in the outfield, double steals, collisions at home plate, a runner advancing from first to home on a single, a complete game,passed balls, wild pitches, and just a lot of really cool ballhandling mishaps, balls dropping out of an outfielders glove when he backed into the wall too hard, numerous times when the outfielder kicked the ball or got the ball tangled up between his feet.
And I didnt see any of this before the patch and your sliders.
I must admit I didnt get serious with my season until the Patch on Friday.
But what I was trying to say was that on my Opening Day, I saw something new almost every inning. It was exciting and wide open baseball.

And yet, the scoring was realistic.

So I'm recommending to everybody, these are the sliders you want.
Thanks for your kind words... but it really is the developers who deserve all the credits. The sliders presented in this thread is just one (of many) ways of adjusting the game to play well.

If anything, the reason why (you feel) the play variety has increased is mostly likely because of slowing down the game overall a bit (via Fielder Run Speed, Arm Strength, etc.), and increasing the Fielder Error as you mentioned earlier. I think doing that tends to increase "borderline" plays (as opposed to fielders making proper plays more often), so that those "rare" events/animations get triggered a bit more.

But the increase in play variety over the years is indeed staggering! Becoming more and more natural and organitc every year.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #407
Rookie

OVR: 3

The slider sare doing well in my season, but I'm concerned about the hook being at 4. I just saw Ubaldo Jimenez go 163 pitches in an 11-1 win over Toronto. What are your stats for moving the hook to 4?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #408
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
The slider sare doing well in my season, but I'm concerned about the hook being at 4. I just saw Ubaldo Jimenez go 163 pitches in an 11-1 win over Toronto. What are your stats for moving the hook to 4?
I can see that happening... In that kind of blowout game, the AI manager tends to leave the starter in to go for a CG, even at a very high pitch count. My guess for a justification for such a move is that (in an old-school thinking) a CG is a cool and prestigious thing, so as long as the game isn't on the line, the manager's giving the starter a chance. But with very low energy, the starter is also going in a dangerous territory....

As far as the stats are concerned, with Starter Stamina 7 and Manager Hook 4, pitcher hook is fine (3.87 pitchers used per game compared to 3.88 which is the MLB ave), the total pitch count is fine (146.8 vs 146.3 per game), and starter pitch count is also okay (98.6 vs 96.5 per game). The starters pitched more innings on average (6.23 vs. 5.96 IP), but that's probably partly due to Pitcher Control = 10, which made pitchers overall perform better with less hits and walks issued...

The only thing that's wildly off is CG, which is pretty much consistently more than twice the MLB ave, even before I increased Starter Stamina. So it's a manager AI thing, I think.

It comes down to what you prefer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »