Home

Madman Sliders - Let Player Attributes Take Over the Game

This is a discussion on Madman Sliders - Let Player Attributes Take Over the Game within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #25
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madman Sliders - Let Player Attributes Take Over the Game

I just took a random team/player for hitting practice and ended up a nearly extreme other way hitter. A minor league Toledo Mudhens 1B - Ryan Strieby (tigers) (OSFM created)

He bats right handed, had 8 hits total. 2 in RF, 3 in LF (1 was a weak chopper to the 3B bag) & 3 in CF. His hit chart for whatever that means exactly in MLB the show, is LF 20 - CF 27 - RF 53. Also, as a note, nearly about all of my LF shots were marked as failure for swinging too early, and they also felt unnatural in a way to me (probably due to his batting stance). What I took away from this batting practice with an extreme opposite field hitter, I feel that's he's definitely not a pull hitter by any means. I rarely, only once or twice, felt him really pull a ball. This is something I look forward to continue targeting & testing for answers with him and other batters.

As the poster above said, I've also definitely felt far more the attribute for pull hitters, the most common in baseball. For example, I'm certain I could take Michael/Giancarlo Stanton out there, and he won't hit any opposite field ball except for maybe 1. And I can recall other hitting sessions and in-game at bats where I was undoubtedly dealing with a pull hitter. But this isn't something yet I've scientifically put a focus on, but I will start doing that now to see. Especially for those of us keeping MLB 12 in our systems, until the PS4 release like I, it'll be interesting to see if my sliders have unlocked the same attribute hitting that MLB 13 has put a focus on. I certainly until starting with these sliders, had not ever felt that an attribute hitter really had a place in this game on a consistent basis. Because everyone was basically lining everything.

But still, regardless of the result of the specific investigation that I'm going to continue doing. The overall, most important thing regarding the hitting and these sliders is that it all feels so much more naturally coming off the bat, and have resulted in endless new hits and contribute to very new gameplay in MLB 12. that from what I can remember, I never came close to experiencing before adjusting my sliders to test these ideas out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
Pro

skow05's Arena

I love the theory behind these, it was crazy enough to get me to try them! My urge to play '13 was so heavy that I just went and got '12 at a reduced price to "scratch the itch" for the time being.

I gave these a shot for OD in my Franchise and it was a completely different experience. I think for the good lol.

I (the Cubs) only managed two hits throughout 9 innings, while the Nationals had four hits. Basically the difference was walks, I had seven walks on the game and one of those drove in the winning run in the 7th inning. Fujikawa/Russell/Marmol closed down the game in the 7th/8th/9th and my first win of the season came on a 1-0 win against Stephen Strasburg and the Washington Nationals!

It was different. But awesome. I'll see if I'm still drawing BB's at an absurd rate or if it was an anomaly. But there is something here. Something cool that provides a unique experience from any other set.

Thanks for bringing these out man, much appreciated.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #27
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

I have used these for a week straight...the feel is there BUT no way the offense can be sustained. I even lowered pitch speed and tried playing games on hof and all star...no power at all
Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #28
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

I started up my first serious MLB 12 franchise this week. I'll be posting relevant stats and maybe even uploading HD gameplay footage throughout my season. I was ready to buy software to easily get HD footage up, of quality gameplay. But when PS4 recently announced the recording and streaming details on the new system, I'm in limbo now, on shilling $200 for software that does nearly the same thing.

Regardless, of how I broadcast my progress, we'll all get to see how my sliders hold up statiscally, and will address the concern of too often seeing light offensive games. This is something that, even I don't know what to expect out of, but I'm O.D looking forward to it. My first game will probably be tonight, a Spring Training day game vs the Orioles. (After a series of random drawings, I'm in control of the Cardinals. I've already learned the roster, so I'm kind of ready to go).

In exhibitions, I've seen offensively charged innings and games and have even posted video displaying it, even back to day 1 in my first ever experience with these sliders. I've also seen a lot of instances light on offense, innings and full games as well. Exhibitions are too small of a sample to measure consistency, especially in a game like baseball where there's so many different types of players and teams. Franchise mode will be the appropriate measure of how what these settings do for the statistics on a daily basis and since I'm finally started I'll share that information with you,

we can track progress here: http://www.operationsports.com/@lege...ranchise-mode/

Last edited by @legendm0de; 03-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #29
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Mark Reynolds before dagger PH in 9th Inning

early update posted, from last nights ballgame. I will have a more holistic update coming next, that will accumulate a week or more worth of play. Never intended to update each game, this is just a taste to get out there for starts.
See you soon, on the next update.

http://www.operationsports.com/@lege...ranchise-mode/

Last edited by @legendm0de; 03-03-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great so far for these sliders. I played two games so far and the scores were 3-0 and 1-0. For picthing Strasbourg had 7ks in 3 innings. Everything seemed to work really well. Hopefully things that may need to be changed gets changed and you can make a great game.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've used these sliders for my "franchise." But of course, I don't do a normal franchise. I just pitch and play all the games of the season (of course never getting through it).

I usually do another franchise when rosters come out, but for what I'm doing now, these sliders work great for '13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

When I first saw these I said no way, but curiosity got the better of me so I tried it. I love them!! I really like the feel of the game with these. I'm playing a season in 13 with them and so far the results are pretty true to real life. I love the way the ball comes off the bat, the motion of the fielders, everything just looks smoother and more realistic. I have not hit a homerun yet.. but I have had several balls off the wall and I've played a lot of games at Petco so I think the HR's will eventually come.

The only thing I'm not real comfortable with is throws from the outfield can be a little loopy. I bumped up arm strength to 1 and that helped but I may go 2. The other thing is you really have to pay attention to who is running because scoring from second or getting that double it not automatic anymore. I really suggest you all try these for a few games because I think you'll find like me, a better game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »