Home

TNK - 2013 REALISM SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TNK - 2013 REALISM SLIDERS within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: TNK - 2013 REALISM SLIDERS

First off, this was a hell of a game. I started off very antsy and impatient so it led to a lot of early strikeouts...after settling down, I was able to get to Gallardo for a couple runs. Burnett pitched strong throughout, only giving up 2. I was up in the middle innings and couldn't produce runs at the end of the game. The brew crew kept chipping away until they were finally about to tie it up in the 9th on a sac fly by Aoki, who came up big in the clutch. The scored another in the 10th. Marte started the bottom half of the 10th with a double to deep left center, if you know anything about PNC you know how deep that notch is out there, just missed a homerun. Walker hit one up the middle that was snagged by Axford, holding the runner at second. Cutch had an infield hit which left runners at first and third with one out. G.I. Jones struck out on a 2-2 slider. Pedro missed an 0-2 fastball right down the middle to end the game, typical....

All in all it was a great game and it played very well with these sliders. I'm very happy where they are right now but ill keep testing.

Brewers pitchers - 68% Strikes
Pirates pitchers - 72% Strikes

Brewers batters - 12% fouled
Pirates batters - 16% fouled

Brewers at Pirates |
Mar 7, 2013123456789ExtrasRHE
Milwaukee ()00001011115141
Pittsburgh ()0000220000491
W: Josh Stinson L: Jared Hughes S: John Axford
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSMILPIT
Milwaukee Brewers
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
2B: Aoki, Braun, Hart, Segura 2
HR: Hart
RBI: Aoki 2, Hart, Lucroy, Segura
SF: Aoki, Segura
GIDP: Ramirez
BASERUNNING:
SB: Gomez
FIELDING:
E: Lucroy
Pittsburgh Pirates
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
2B: Marte, Jones
3B: Alvarez
HR: Walker
RBI: Walker, Alvarez, Snider
GIDP: Alvarez
BASERUNNING:
CS: McCutchen
FIELDING:
E: Barmes
Milwaukee Brewers
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Gallardo 5.033311215.40
Badenhop 1.02111209.00
Kintzler2.02000100.00
Stinson1.00000100.00
Axford1.02000200.00
PITCHING:
WP: Gallardo 2
Pittsburgh Pirates
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Burnett7.07221712.57
Watson (H)1.02110109.00
Grilli (BS)1.03110009.00
Hughes (L)1.02110109.00
PITCHING:
WP: Burnett

Last edited by ROYALE_360; 03-07-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox93
can these be used with time hitting and meter pitching?
yes, thats what im using.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #51
Rookie

jay85's Arena

OVR: 0

New to the forum.

Question, I am kinda new to the game of changing the silder adjustment (not new to MLB Series) I have always played on default sliders setting and i have kinda gotten used to it. I recently played around with Sliders in MLB 12 and found out that it is really fun but i used to benefit myself like increasing the human P, C & T to all the to right and strike frequency too.

My Question - I play on Rookie level and maybe thinking to move it up too next level, Can i still use this sliders or does it have to be on the level which is mentioned by the OP? TIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #52
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Really liking these so far except one little quibble. It feels like I'm pulling EVERYTHING. Seen very few opposite field hits. Is anyone else experiencing this as well, and what would you recommend to combat it?

Just posted in another thread experiencing this exact issue. Even with pitch speed at 7, I'm still early on almost everything. Which is super odd, considering I was hardly ever early on anything except for breaking balls in MLB 12. Now, I'm consistently early on fastballs as well. I'm debating whether or not to turn the pitch speed up another click, or if I have to start tweaking the timing slider.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #53
Rookie

jay85's Arena

OVR: 0

Sorry mods - You may want to merge my back 2 back post.

Also, Whats the point of the slider adjustment? What benefits do we get out it? Does it make it hitting harder for us and at the same pitching is on same level? I am just confused. I mean i agreed that i moved the slider all the way to right so i can hit HR and more Doubles and triple, plus it will throw more strikes so i can get more hits but from what i see that most of the slider out here they have hitting Power and timing less than the default. Wouldn't that makes hitting really hard for us unless you time it perfectly. Sorry for the noob question. I know this could be a wrong thread to post this question too.

I will def try your slider tonight after work and i will see the difference from what i currently have. I am pretty it will be harder than what i have right now. My Current Slider def gives my player the advantage for being a hitter.

Also, does this slider helps both "USERS" hitters and Pitchers because i have a RTTS for 3B (Thunder) and CP (Houston Aeros). Once again sorry the nub question and sorry mods if this post doesnt belong in here. I can post it on the main thread page if you want me to.

Thanks for the helps guys and thank you TNK for the Sliders
Old 03-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #54
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay85
Sorry mods - You may want to merge my back 2 back post.

Also, Whats the point of the slider adjustment? What benefits do we get out it? Does it make it hitting harder for us and at the same pitching is on same level? I am just confused. I mean i agreed that i moved the slider all the way to right so i can hit HR and more Doubles and triple, plus it will throw more strikes so i can get more hits but from what i see that most of the slider out here they have hitting Power and timing less than the default. Wouldn't that makes hitting really hard for us unless you time it perfectly. Sorry for the noob question. I know this could be a wrong thread to post this question too.

I will def try your slider tonight after work and i will see the difference from what i currently have. I am pretty it will be harder than what i have right now. My Current Slider def gives my player the advantage for being a hitter.

Also, does this slider helps both "USERS" hitters and Pitchers because i have a RTTS for 3B (Thunder) and CP (Houston Aeros). Once again sorry the nub question and sorry mods if this post doesnt belong in here. I can post it on the main thread page if you want me to.

Thanks for the helps guys and thank you TNK for the Sliders
It's designed to make the game play more realistic
- produce more balls thrown by the pitchers which makes you have to be selective at the plate
- produce better hit variety
- produce more realistic fielder run & throw speed

Think of it as tuning the game
Old 03-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #55
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Played last night as the Cardinals (me) against the Blue Jays and R.A. Dickey. First of all, not all first pitch pitches in the at bat were right down the middle of the plate. Because he's a knuckle baller, the ball moved a lot.

In any case, I won the game 8-2. I banged out 12 hits, hit two home runs, and had two doubles. I knocked Dickey out in the 5th and had even better success against the relievers. However, I do attribute that to the Cardinals potent offense. It really was great to see actually. I say that because in years past, these type of games at least for me were few and far between. Like it or not, the game has become more high scoring despite the number of no hitters and perfect games the last two years.

I only played one game of course so my sample size is pretty much nil. I do find that I do not walk anyone using the meter. I ended up going to Classic pitching and walking four. I was also able to draw two walks during the game. Overall though, I think the game played out well and there was nothing glaring seemed unusual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #56
Banned

mpejkrm's Arena

OVR: 5

Used your sliders last year and had a good time, with lots of varying results. Going to try a couple exhibition games with these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »