Home

Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #121
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Franchise Progress Thread

I finally won two straight games. I got fed up with the start of my season with the pirates. I simulated to June so I could look at some potiental trades. At the start of the season I signed Sheets like many others but he had no run support. Clevland had Johnny Peralta SS on the trading block so i put together a package that sent SP Sheets and RP Yates (I think) to clevland for Peralta, and a AA Catcher. I really like Peralta and I matched their needs so i think it will pay off in the long run. LaRoche (3B) was horrible to start the season and I moved Wilson to 3rd. My first game with Peralta he went 2-4 with 2 RBI's and I beat the Rockies 5-3 at home then I went to Washington and won 8-7. I was up 7-2 in the 6th, then the Nats scored 3 in the 7th to make it 7-5. In the 8th dukes hits a low and outside fastball out to make the game 7-7. In the top of the 9th I get two singles out of my 7th and 8th hitters, I pinch hit with Hinske and move over the runners, then McLouth grounds out. 2 outs and Sanchez singles to score 1. Capps comes in and closes it out for my first back to back win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #122
stewaat

OVR:

Just improved to 6-7 with the Rays in my 2010 season (simmed the 09 season)

I'm on a 3-game win streak and I've won my first two games at home vs. LAA

James Shields just threw a gem and I shut out the Angels 3-0. He threw 6 innings, giving up 6 hits and walking 0. He got into a 1st & 3rd jam with nobody out in the 6th and K'd three straight to get out of it.

Dan Wheeler put up a pair of 0's in the 8th/9th

Fernando Rodney is my closer and after throwing 7 straights balls to start the 9th he shut down LAA, K'ing Torii Hunter to end the game.

I love this game. I get 95% realistic stats, with walks and GIDPs too low and too high respectively.

Carl Crawford is 2-8 for LAA after signing with them in the offseason (I wasn't very happy!).

Some stats:
B.J. Upton is tearing it up hitting .431
Through 13 games I have 17 2B's, 1 3B, and 22 HR.
8 people have hit home runs, B.J. Upton has not
I've walked 12 times in 13 games, been HBP 6 times
Team average is .292, ERA is 4.57

Just moved into 3rd in the AL East
After my next game against LAA I will get my FIRST off day of the season...yep after 14 games.
I then have 20 straight games after this one off day! WOW!

Check out my sig for my DM page...I'll update it after my next game with the Angels.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #123
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

moved to 8-1 in my yankees franchise, just swept the rays now back home for a 7 game homestand 4 against the tribe and 3 against the a's.
NHL: Rangers
Old 04-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm the Braves and my records is 25-12 and 1.5 games behind the Mets I love this, this is the first time i have been in second mid way through may.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #125

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Man, things are going downhill fast. My Dodgers are 22-19 but have lost 4 in a row and were just swept at home by the Mets. My pitching is doing much better right now but my offense has all but vanished. I desperately need a power bat at 3B as Blake wasnt cutting it so I traded for Figgins to get more speed and the problem with him is Ive found that hitters with an "F" in power hit the ball so damn weakly that their averages suffer and Figgins and Hudson both have power at "F" so thats not a good combination. Ethier, Kemp, Loney and Manny are my entire offense since Figgins, Hudson, Martin and Furcal have been absolutely terrible all year so far. I was hell bent on getting pitching help via trade at some point but now Im not sure which to try and address, my lack of power at the hot corner or having to carry the pile of dog**** that is Randy Wolf in my rotation. Questions, questions.

EDIT- I could move Furcal and bring in either Beckett or James Shields but I wanna have faith that Furcal will turn it around so Im not sure if I really want to do this or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #126
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I have noticed that players with F power have to have a good straight pitch or if it is a breaking pitch it has end up in the middle of the plate to get good contact. Or you can try to bunt him on if he is in a slump.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #127
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

13-9 with Tigers so far (play every game, AS, my own sliders), '/2 game back of the Indians who come into town for a 3 game set next, thoroughly enjoying the experience
Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #128
Banned

OVR: 8

yeah well im buliding a pure dream team,im boston,i traded for tim lincumsum,i singed ben sheets,and i trade for ichiro and ken griffy,oh i also singed moises alou,a pure beast at contact

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »