Home

MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 60
Re: MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre)

Well, try to enjoy the game anyway. You can also make comparisons in the 2k forum while you're at it, but thanks for the keen eye. Sorry we didn't catch that.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #34
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Two parts of the catcher's gear is incorrect, as always.

They need to be corrected.
(1) Catcher's chest protector is actually LARGER than real life. View footage of MLB The Show's catcher and his real life counterpart. The MLB catcher's chest protector is suppose to be smaller and tightly wrapped.

(2) Catcher's chest protector "strap" that wraps around the back FLOATS. In essence, this "strap" doesn't look "functional" but merely a "place holder" of sort. I am surprised no one has spotted this yet. And upon further examination, even the shin-guard "straps" float (not as bad though). But the element of "functionality" does not translate well if they "float" or are "loose."

The "other" game actually has both of these elements done properly.

The following photograph only illustration the comparison of the floating "strap."
They are purposely built out this way for very specific technical reasons.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 60

He doesn't have a clue how these things are programmed, so let him be the expert.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #36
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

Very apparent Russell and SCEA think more highly of OS

Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #37
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon2 Re: MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Two parts of the catcher's gear is incorrect, as always.

They need to be corrected.
(1) Catcher's chest protector is actually LARGER than real life. View footage of MLB The Show's catcher and his real life counterpart. The MLB catcher's chest protector is suppose to be smaller and tightly wrapped.

(2) Catcher's chest protector "strap" that wraps around the back FLOATS. In essence, this "strap" doesn't look "functional" but merely a "place holder" of sort. I am surprised no one has spotted this yet. And upon further examination, even the shin-guard "straps" float (not as bad though). But the element of "functionality" does not translate well if they "float" or are "loose."

The "other" game actually has both of these elements done properly.

The following photograph only illustration the comparison of the floating "strap."

Another reference to the "other game" ...but please stay out of our threads if you're just going to gripe and make comparisons to stir things up...there's no room for that here bud.
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 11

I can't believe he went through all that ( putting together a digital collage ) to prove such a thing.. It's not sane behavior.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I can't believe he went through all that ( putting together a digital collage ) to prove such a thing.. It's not sane behavior.

haha, seriously....i mean, is this what is has come down to? The Show is so perfect that we have to take snapshots and over analyze the lengths of shoelaces or something ridiculous?

You know The Show is doing it right when it comes down to that....some guys just look for reasons to not enjoy things.

The game is looking AMAZING!!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #40
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
Another reference to the "other game" ...but please stay out of our threads if you're just going to gripe and make comparisons to stir things up...there's no room for that here bud.
My intentions is not to stir things up.

My intentions are for the good of the game. I personally LOVE "The Show". It is THE reason why I got back into gaming. It is THE reason why I prefer the PS3.

The reason why I bring up the "other" is because it is to give an example where it's been done before. If I didn't care about "The Show," I would not have said anything about the "Floating Strap."

"MLB The Show" preaches authenticity and the "little" things. I am simply acknowledging that there is a problem with the "little" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
He doesn't have a clue how these things are programmed, so let him be the expert.
I am not a programmer and I certainly cannot admit to knowing the technical reason why this "floating strap" exist. But I will say that I am a very detailed, visual person.

cc23klaid has made assumptions of what my intentions were. If that is the case, I'm not sure how I would go about not stepping on any toes with what I am about to say. I don't want to step on any toes, I simply want "The Show" to continue to excel. On top of what cc23klaid has said, Woodweaver also stated "They are purposely built out this way for very specific technical reasons." Here goes (my apologies), if the "other" game (again, not meant to start anything, but simply pointing out what another game has been able to accomplished) is able to not include the "floating strap" but the catcher also functions as a catcher, it simply makes me wondering "what these very specific technical reasons" could be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
haha, seriously....i mean, is this what is has come down to? The Show is so perfect that we have to take snapshots and over analyze the lengths of shoelaces or something ridiculous?

You know The Show is doing it right when it comes down to that....some guys just look for reasons to not enjoy things.

The game is looking AMAZING!!
Yes, "The Show" does in fact look AMAZING. But the reason why it's pointed out is because "The Show" themselves talks about "The Little Things." There's really nothing more to it. I want the game to improve with each installment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I don't see what's wrong with it. If I simply mentioned that "floating strap," what would you have thought I was talking about it. A visual digital collage gets the point across easier, with EVIDENCE.

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 02-02-2010 at 12:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »