Home

Batting Stances

This is a discussion on Batting Stances within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Batting Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedbirdFan18
That's not what I'm saying. It's no where close. I was using him as an example. A ton of major players in the game are like that too. If they had a mo-cap guy every year, it might work better. This year they didn't have one. They had bsg last year, and I aksed him this year if he was doing it again, and he said no, but that there were a tonnnnnnn of other stances that he did that didn't get into the game, so hopefully those are good
The problem is you're not going to get ultra realistic swings and follow throughs unless you get the actual batter in mo-cap, which isn't going to happen. Or if they spent all the time necessary to tweak every swing we would have a 2k quality game.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhaha
The problem is you're not going to get ultra realistic swings and follow throughs unless you get the actual batter in mo-cap, which isn't going to happen. Or if they spent all the time necessary to tweak every swing we would have a 2k quality game.
Actually, you can get pretty good stances without Mo-Caping everyone. Mlb 2k7 had a crap-load of good stances, and it was, in my opinion, the only good Mlb 2k
Old 02-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhaha
Exactly, there's no way they could get every player in the studio to do his own mo cap, I wonder who does all of them? I was thinking the batting stance guy I saw on MLB programming.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewersfan84
Exactly, there's no way they could get every player in the studio to do his own mo cap, I wonder who does all of them? I was thinking the batting stance guy I saw on MLB programming.
BSG did them last year, they weren't that good. To me, his stances are more alittle close/comedic than authentic. They could do Mo-Cap every year with one or two guys, and get 100 + new stances a year. In 2k7, they had all new stances. They didn't keep any from Mlb 2k6. There were atleast 150+ unique stances, and they were pretty accurate. So were the pitchin motions. Somebody else doing mo-cap wouldn't really take up much of the developers time, they'd just had to get it into the game after it's mo-capped, unlike what they do now to tweak stances or make new ones, which is to do it through a computer program or something.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #21
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

SO B.S.G. didn't do anything for the game this year?

...I know he did more stances that weren't added into last years build, so I am speculating they probably just added the rest of them for this year.

I know they want to further add 'sig swings' / 'followthroughs' but I think they are going to wait until the NEW player models are added in either NEXT year or the year afters build. (It wouldn't make sense to start working on those kind of things if they are going to have to re-build with new player models.)

All in all, we'll all find a suitable stance for players even if they aren't correct at first glance...it's gonna be a great game editing again!!!!
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
SO B.S.G. didn't do anything for the game this year?

...I know he did more stances that weren't added into last years build, so I am speculating they probably just added the rest of them for this year.

I know they want to further add 'sig swings' / 'followthroughs' but I think they are going to wait until the NEW player models are added in either NEXT year or the year afters build. (It wouldn't make sense to start working on those kind of things if they are going to have to re-build with new player models.)

All in all, we'll all find a suitable stance for players even if they aren't correct at first glance...it's gonna be a great game editing again!!!!
Yeah I asked him on his website and he said he didn't do any for this year, but he said there were a ton that he did that didn't get into last year's game
Old 02-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #23
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

We haven't gotten any gameplay video from an up-to-date build of the game. Even the build the guys saw at the community day did not the new stances and motions. Hopefully they made it into the final build of the game.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
Banned

jd369's Arena

BSG is a crock, I dont know how he ever got to be so popular. Im sure alot of fans (myself included) can do nearly 100% accurate stance replicas of your favorite players. this BSG moron over exaggerates every little movement of a stance until you see the crap the crap that we got on some of the stances last year. I mean come on did they even watch video of what a guy swings like or just take BSG's word for it? one of the ones that was completely atrocious was sammy sosa, yeah he isnt playing anymore but if you are gonna put someones stance in do it right or just leave it out. dont add something like they put in and call it his stance cause it aint. that prince field stance is TERRIBLE. the poster that said you can find some decent replacements is right for the most part. the one that kills me is one for one of my favorite players, chipper jones. they have his stance completely jacked up and its so unique there is not another one in the game that you can replace it with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »