Home

Multiplayer Idea for online/offline play

This is a discussion on Multiplayer Idea for online/offline play within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Multiplayer Idea for online/offline play

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces01
Yea I can definitely see why people would find this boring. I think the solution to this would have to be maybe limit it to 4v4 or something like that. It would be neat to have leagues where you have teams of four players each playing out a schedule. There's a chance we could be alone in thinking this is a good idea.
I think 3 man teams would be the way to go. You'd have one guy control the pitcher, one guy control the infield, and one guy with outfield. And then everyone cycles turns at bat. That way you would get to bat at least once each inning and be kept reasonably busy on defense. Also maybe allow subbing the other guys at pitcher.

I think something like this would have a better chance of succeeding than a true 9v9.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I think 3 man teams would be the way to go. You'd have one guy control the pitcher, one guy control the infield, and one guy with outfield. And then everyone cycles turns at bat. That way you would get to bat at least once each inning and be kept reasonably busy on defense. Also maybe allow subbing the other guys at pitcher.

I think something like this would have a better chance of succeeding than a true 9v9.
I can agree with the 3v3 making a lot of sense to try and get an at bat every inning. If it were possible to let you "player lock" on the guys you'd like to control pre-game, I think it would make the mode very enjoyable. It would be cool to turn double plays with another player or having the outfielder hit you as a cutoff man.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 42

I never knew another game had tried this already! But I do agree with the 3v3 idea as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 01:17 AM   #12
Banned

Yea I'm sure they would have to toy around with the idea, NBA Live actually has a mode similar called Adidas Live Run I believe. You have squads and play 5v5 games.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #13
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17

EA's Triple Play series on the Sega Genesis allowed 4 players to play at once with use of their multi-tap peripheral. My friends and I would play 2 vs 2. On defense one of us would pitch & control the outfield, and the other played all the infield positions including catcher. We would each hit for those same guys (pitcher hit for DH in the AL). The other team did the same. It was some of the best times I ever had playing a baseball video game in all my 40+ years. Actually any video game, period. I guess 9 on 9 could get boring with not enough to do, but I'll attest to the fact that 2 player co-op on the same team is an absolute BLAST to play. Either 2 against 2, or even 2 vs the CPU. It's the feeling of working together towards the same goal that makes it more fun & rewarding, IMO.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo1967
EA's Triple Play series on the Sega Genesis allowed 4 players to play at once with use of their multi-tap peripheral. My friends and I would play 2 vs 2. On defense one of us would pitch & control the outfield, and the other played all the infield positions including catcher. We would each hit for those same guys (pitcher hit for DH in the AL). The other team did the same. It was some of the best times I ever had playing a baseball video game in all my 40+ years. Actually any video game, period. I guess 9 on 9 could get boring with not enough to do, but I'll attest to the fact that 2 player co-op on the same team is an absolute BLAST to play. Either 2 against 2, or even 2 vs the CPU. It's the feeling of working together towards the same goal that makes it more fun & rewarding, IMO.
Couldn't agree more with this post. Me and my buddy would play NCAA baseball against the computer, but 4v4 wasn't a possibility in that game. One person controlling the outfielders while one controlling the infielders sounds like a good time. NCAA made it that one person was pitching while the other played the rest of the field, and pitching can get a little repetitive. I feel SCEA could definitely make this even more enjoyable than before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »