Home

***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread*** within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #81
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: ***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread***

Three (3) cosmetic concerns/questions:

1. Bullpen Activity (location) - Example; Oakland Athletics (including a few other teams) has their bullpen actually on the field, somewhere. Will we be able to see bullpen activity on the field when the pitcher is warming up while the game is in progress. (Example Bullpen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm4Vvy4YuIA )

2. Pre-pitch batter animation (stepping out of the batter's box after each pitch): Normally, after each pitch in real life, players usually either step off the plate or completely/partially out of the batter's box before setting up for the next pitch (whether it's a ball or strike, it doesn't matter). Normally, the pitcher will stand on the mound, watching/waiting for the batter to do his trademark nuances and get back into the batter's, before delivering his pitch.

In MLB09, I frequently saw batters immediately set and ready for each pitch through their entire at-bat sequence even before the catcher threw the ball back to the pitcher.

______ players (MLBtheShow10) step out of the box after each pitch.

(A) All
(B) Most
(C) Few
(D) Some

3. Bat boys?

Thanks. Appreciative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Three (3) cosmetic concerns/questions:

1. Bullpen Activity (location) - Example; Oakland Athletics (including a few other teams) has their bullpen actually on the field, somewhere. Will we be able to see bullpen activity on the field when the pitcher is warming up while the game is in progress. (Example Bullpen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm4Vvy4YuIA )

2. Pre-pitch batter animation (stepping out of the batter's box after each pitch): Normally, after each pitch in real life, players usually either step off the plate or completely/partially out of the batter's box before setting up for the next pitch (whether it's a ball or strike, it doesn't matter). Normally, the pitcher will stand on the mound, watching/waiting for the batter to do his trademark nuances and get back into the batter's, before delivering his pitch.

In MLB09, I frequently saw batters immediately set and ready for each pitch through their entire at-bat sequence even before the catcher threw the ball back to the pitcher.

______ players (MLBtheShow10) step out of the box after each pitch.

(A) All
(B) Most
(C) Few
(D) Some

3. Bat boys?

Thanks. Appreciative.
I know Bad boys/Ball boys were confirmed NOT to be in.....The bullpen is NOT ACTIVE if on the field i believe......
Old 02-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #83
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Papelbon?
Buchholz?
Bard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Okay here is the deal, only Shobo1971 is allowed to post impressions. You can ask him questions but don't pester him to answer them.

If anyone else has the game, they must get confirmation from a mod before they can post impression here.

Have fun guys.
This is the 3rd time you've asked this. Please don't pester.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I know Bad boys/Ball boys were confirmed NOT to be in.....The bullpen is NOT ACTIVE if on the field i believe......
In describing the bullpens as "active" does that mean pitchers warming up? I ask because I see players in the bullpen on the field in the classic stadiums video. Just wondering.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #85
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I recall reading that the bullpen is active on the field but they don't react or interfere with the play. So, they'll warm up but not physically affect the play.

Of course though, showbo would be able to find out officially when he gets to play again.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #86
Rookie

risky's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
I need to know if they fixed Papelbon and have him pitching from the stretch instead of from the windup.

I also need to know if Daniel Bard and Clay Buchholz have their pitching motions

Thanks

your answer about Papelbon is here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-here-30.html
Old 02-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 1

Im with metsman on the 80's jerseys, Showb or anyone else, can you please confirm if the mets 80's jerseys with racing stripes are in the game? Any help is appreciated
Old 02-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
I recall reading that the bullpen is active on the field but they don't react or interfere with the play. So, they'll warm up but not physically affect the play.

Of course though, showbo would be able to find out officially when he gets to play again.
I will definitely check this out tonight and let you guys know!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »