Home

***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread*** within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #113
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: ***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny7788
I know that you get the King of the hill trophy when you hit a homerun to dead center in Houston. I know this because i got it in Best Buy.
Looks like there's one for hitting it in the Cove in SF too, which is cool to have place specific trophies. Looks like both online league type trophies are back too
Old 02-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Thanks for answering my sounds of show question earler. Would you mind putting in a reliver entry song and seeing if it continues playing while you're throwing warm up pitches?
Unfortunately the song did not continue playing while I was throwing the 8 warm up pitches
Old 02-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #115
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Question I thought about after listening to the psnation podcast..

Is it possible to turn off the pitch selection window from the "outfield view"? They talked about being able to see the catcher's fingers clearly for which pitch he's calling and I think it'd be cool to pitch only from that with no pitch selection window.

Thanks and congrats to all you lucky bas.... um, guys

There does not appear to be an option to turn off the pitch selection window
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #116
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny7788
I know that you get the King of the hill trophy when you hit a homerun to dead center in Houston. I know this because i got it in Best Buy.
that is actually really cool. I now, for the first time ever, have an interest in trophies.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #117
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Is the "hidden" stance a bug that never got fixed or is it intentional? Either way, it's a serious nuisance.
Russell just said that it was a bug, and that's it. I posted that if it was a bug three years ago then why wasn't it addressed by now. But I didn't get an answer. Not sure why it hasn't been fixed , but I really wish it would cuz I hate when people release rosters that have changed the hidden stance to another. It would be fine if u could get the stance back, but there's no way. This really needs to be fixed. Later
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 1

Do the Rangers still have the ugly two-toned (red-blue) helmets that they had in the game last year?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #119
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbo1971
2. Pre-pitch batter animation (stepping out of the batter's box after each pitch): Normally, after each pitch in real life, players usually either step off the plate or completely/partially out of the batter's box before setting up for the next pitch (whether it's a ball or strike, it doesn't matter). Normally, the pitcher will stand on the mound, watching/waiting for the batter to do his trademark nuances and get back into the batter's, before delivering his pitch.

I believe the 1st question was answered but as far as the above 2nd question:

In the short time I have actually played the game the batters do either take a step back in the batters box or will step out. I have yet to see the batter "snap" into position at the plate.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it a lot.

I probably should have been more specific. I was hoping for more of what Joe Mauer does in the following video for all batter's (batter taking time before stepping back into the batter's box).
@0:41 - 0:47 mark
Batter stepping out of the box (MLBtheShow10 Mauer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=tKvRC...eature=related

I was hoping that the following batter's sequences would be completely out (i.e. batter immediately ready for the next pitch). These were one of my main concerns while playing MLBtheShow09 (it took away from the immersive experience). It sounds/looks like these are still in for TheShow10.
@2:00 - 3:00 mark
Batter not stepping out of the box (MLBtheShow10 exclusive 1UP)
http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnex...&v=iYyKDUKsR8Y
Old 02-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #120
MVP

GiantKing's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by acanipe12
Do the Rangers still have the ugly two-toned (red-blue) helmets that they had in the game last year?
In the blog about stadium realism in the comments section, Greg Batalucco from SCEA said in response to this question that they still have the two tone helmets due to the fact that the MLB style guide still has those helmets and they HAVE to follow the style guide even if it is clearly wrong.

Greg Batalucco replied on February 23, 2010 at 2:40 pm
Yes according to the MLB they still have them.

Last edited by GiantKing; 02-25-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »