Home

MLB 10 THE SHOW FRANCHISE PROGRESS THREAD

This is a discussion on MLB 10 THE SHOW FRANCHISE PROGRESS THREAD within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2010, 01:03 AM   #73
Pro

Mercury53's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 10 THE SHOW FRANCHISE PROGRESS THREAD

Just picked up my seventh straight win to open the season 7-0, along with Baltimore who are 6-0. Franklin Gutierrez is batting .500, while Griffey has the most HRs at two.
NFL - Philadelphia Eagles
MLS - Seattle Sounders

Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 AM   #74
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Since i finished my rosters of 7 prospects for each team i to hold me over (osubeacsmlb is the roster name in the vault) i started my Red Sox hold me over til the OS Full Minors come out. I played on Spring game and simmed the rest.

I beat the Yanks 6-5 in the first game, Going into the 7th Beckett was pitching pretty good then he fell apart, I was up 5-2 giving up a lead off HR to jeter.. (5-3 so pissed) then they scored one more before I yanked josh. Okijima comes in gives up the other run 5-5. I go 3 up 3 down in the 7th ortiz 5th/ beltre/ drew. Okijima actually pitches pretty good and gives up a hit but no run scores. Bottom 8th Cameron leads off with a hit then scutarro gets one. Jacoby GIDP Cameron on 3rd now. Pedroia the MVP he is lines the first pitch for a single scoring cameron.
I bring Pap in for the 9th, i give up a double to Cano (who killed me all day) Pap strikes out the next two and posada gorunds out for the win.
I hadnt been so nervous. I was seeing CC's stuff so well and made a lot of good contact and waited for my pitches

I just got done playing game 2. I have Lester as my #2 and he went 7 scoreless innings and 7 K's on 3 hits, he dealt big time. Papi hit a 3 run HR in the 7th to put me up 5-1. I bring in Bard and I give up a triple to Tex because i took a bad route on the ball and it got my cameron. Tex scores its 5-2. I struggle with Bard, but get out of the inning, bring in Pap and he shuts them down for save #2.

I love this game, Fenway is so fun to play at. Im going to sim the Lackey game. I sim most games but always play 2/3 of the yankee games. So i will pitch Bucholz first game and then sim a week or 2 and play again.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 AM   #75
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Just tested this out, and sadly, no, he only does the normal walk-off celebration. I did get excited when I saw him throw his helmet off, thinking he was gonna do it.
Darn. I knew it was a long shot, but it would've been so cool if that was in.

Thanks for checking.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 6

Playing a Franchise with the Cubs. I play every 6th game, rotating so as to pitch each of the five starters.

Zambrano was injured in his second start, missed most of April and May, returned mid-June only to go down to injury again in his second start coming back from the injury. He's set to return at the end of August.

I picked up one pitcher from FA to replace Z - Noah Lowry - who was injured in late July.

Dereck Lee was injured in early May, out until late June. When he returned I worked a big trade for Pujols, who was injured in his first game as a Cub and was out until the end of July.

Marlon Byrd was hurt in the first week of play, out for the season.

Nady missed June and July.

Theriot was hurt in May, returned in June, and then hurt again in mid-July, due back at the end of August.

Soriano was injured in June, out until late July.

Fukudome was injured in July, out until early September.

Ramirez has been hurt a few times, but only out a few days each time.

Wells missed 2 weeks, Lilly missed June, Dempster was out for most of July.

Guzman, hurt in real life and out for the season, has been healthy so far but isn't pitching well in simmed games (5.7 ERA).

Some of the guys I brought up or brought in to take the place of injured players were also hurt.

For example when Lee was first hurt I traded for Garko from the Mariners, who was promptly hurt (in his first game as a Cub) for the season.

Even though trades are manual, at some point the CPU traded two minor league pitchers for Scott Posednick, who was hurt (out for the season) in his first game as a Cub.

Signed Pedro Martinez and John Smoltz to try to shore up pitching - Pedro was hurt in his third start, out for the season, Smoltz hurt in his first inning of work, out for season.

Koyie Hill was injured in June, out until August. I brought up a catcher from AAA, who was hurt the first time he appeared, out for the season. When Hill returned in early August, Soto was injured (1-2 months). Signed a FA C who was hurt the third game he played (out for season).

Even I was hurt while riding my bike. A car swerved at me, the driver thought it would be funny, I went flying over the hood and jammed my finger when I hit the ground.

Sean Marshall was hurt picking up a start for Lilly - out for the season.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:11 AM   #77
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
Playing a Franchise with the Cubs. I play every 6th game, rotating so as to pitch each of the five starters.
thats an amazing idea, im going to use that model when knights rosters come out and start my real chise... i just hope i dont get the injury bug like you did,
Old 03-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #78
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

First week of May...playing ok ball. We are above .500 right now, but damn if Holliday and Ludwick aren't struggling. Bullpen is very shaky as well...losing at least a half dozen games thus far into a young season.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #79
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm 6-6 in my SF Franchise. My bright spots has been my starting pitching and my 2-5 hitters (Sanchez, Sandoval, Molina and Huff). My low-lights has been my relief pitching and my most of my outfielders bats. Derosa, Rowand and Lewis are all hitting under .225 at this point. Hopefully, they can get it together.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 03-15-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #80

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Sitting at 5-2 so far and tied with Colorado at the top of the NL West. Andre Ethier is really struggling and Casey Blake has proven to be terrible defensively at third so if it wasnt for his 3 HR's already then I might consider looking for a better option. In those 7 games Ive only hit 5 HR's and 3 are from Blake and the other 2 are from Kemp, Manny and Etheir have yet to hit a single one. On the pitching side of things Hiroki Kuroda has been an absolute stud having pitched 14 innings, struck out 18 and only given up 1 ER.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »