Home

Guess Pitch - do you use it?

This is a discussion on Guess Pitch - do you use it? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Guess Pitch - do you use it?
Yes - in all modes 43 42.57%
No - in all modes 40 39.60%
Yes - but only online 0 0%
Sometimes - it varies 18 17.82%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #17
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Guess Pitch - do you use it?

I wouldn't use it if this were real baseball.

But since it's not, I use it. To me it simulates the ability of major league batters to pick up on nuances of the pitcher's delivery that we can't in a videogame.

I never used it in 09, but I've been using it and enjoying it in 10. Sometimes it helps you, but sometimes it can screw you up, so it tends to even out.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

yes

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #19
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

I used to only use it when trying to steal a base, but now I only use it if I'm struggling that game with hitting.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #20
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

not!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #21
Rookie

RUKnights's Arena

OVR: 3

I use it in certain circumstances (2-0, 3-1) if I'm sitting on a pitch in a particular zone. I'll also use it occasionally when if I'm getting killed by sliders away.

I used it a lot more in 09, but after reading a few hitting tip threads that suggested "see the ball, hit the ball", I've really cut it down in '10. And I think those posters had it right, I do hit better when I don't use guess pitch every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 13

i think its a horribly unrealistic feature and for a game that is the most realistic experience as they say, i dont understand how its even in the game.

now this no feedback option, if i am understand it right....meaning you guess pitch type and if you happen to guess right, then u receive a bonus when you swing....that doesnt sound to bad since its not giving you any on screen indicators....your just getting a bonus if you guessed right which isnt bad cause a real BB player would have an advantage if he guessed right

but for people using the indicators, i dont understand how you can play like that and feel like your playing a realistic game of baseball. There is no way you can justify having a on screen indicator that tells you what pitch and what location is coming

needless to say, i dont use it
Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #23
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

I basically agree with you; although I won't say the feature is 'horribly unrealistic' LOL

For me, however, guessing the pitch type/location the way it SHOULD BE, is damn challenging as it is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
i think its a horribly unrealistic feature and for a game that is the most realistic experience as they say, i dont understand how its even in the game.

now this no feedback option, if i am understand it right....meaning you guess pitch type and if you happen to guess right, then u receive a bonus when you swing....that doesnt sound to bad since its not giving you any on screen indicators....your just getting a bonus if you guessed right which isnt bad cause a real BB player would have an advantage if he guessed right

but for people using the indicators, i dont understand how you can play like that and feel like your playing a realistic game of baseball. There is no way you can justify having a on screen indicator that tells you what pitch and what location is coming

needless to say, i dont use it
Old 06-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #24
Rookie

dallas0112's Arena

OVR: 5

Off, all the way off, trust me, if you try it and stick with it, then you will eventually hit better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »