Home

MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #129
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
If with analog hitting the height is dealt with automatically by the computer, does that mean that occasions when a batter swings over or under the ball is done in a random way, out of the human player's control?

It won't be random B Ma dynamically calculates high and low based on the batters attributes, your timing, how close you swing at the ball (remember you have to swing at the ball) and his secret sauce.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It won't be random B Ma dynamically calculates high and low based on the batters attributes, your timing, how close you swing at the ball (remember you have to swing at the ball) and his secret sauce.
- I was wondering if it was based off of pitcher attributes as well?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #131
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
How damn hard is it to include rain delays though?? It's not exactly a major coding overhaul. What's so hard about scheduling the occasional double header? I thought it would be a no brained this year
OK.. your upset about not having rain delays??? How stupid does this sound??
OK, YOU tell US what will happen in the case of a "rain delay"??
Do we sit in front of the TV for an hour or two hoping for this "virtual" rain storm to pass through our PS3s???
Do we play mini games until this "rainstorm" stop???
What do we do???? Do the game tell us to comeback after dinnertime so you can continue your game?? How do you rationally implement a "virtual" rain delay???
I can understand rainouts, where your teams game is PPD for the day, and you have to play 2 games on the calender day, effecting your teams lineup and pitching rotation, but rain delays??

My only concern is rain in a stadium that has a retractable roof. I dont want to see an instance like we seen in Madden 11 this year when its raining inside cowboys stadium.. thats funny stuff..
If the temperature outside is over 90 degrees or under 60 degrees, the roof should be closed. Thats the only cosmetic thing we should have with this game right now.

Russell and the gang, I wish all devs took the time and attention to detail to games like you guys do with the show KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Ben
Voodoo

Last edited by shyvoodoo; 01-09-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 AM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 2
I was wondering if they took out the length of injury time for the customised injuries in Franchise mode? I like to keep my Franchise as close to real-life as possible (DL/callups/send downs) and there are many times when players are on the DL longer than the length determined in the game. It would be nice to just choose the injury (bruised hand) and place them on the DL and we choose when to take them off.

Also, I was wondering if they added the Bereavement List? I think that would be a really cool little addition.

One last thing I can think of about Franchise mode; I had a problem last year where (I THINK, since it's been awhile since I played) I didn't add the exact players to each team's 40-man roster at the beginning of the season (I started out lazy ), and then went to call up someone later in the season. It was past the time to add them so it made me wait until the end of the season no matter what I did. Any way to just override that like the Forced Trade option???

Thanks!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:35 AM   #133
Pro

OVR: 35

It looks like there are so many awesome features already - and these are just some of the details being released! Bottom line - everything looks great so far from what I've been reading and seeing, can't wait to get my hands on this and get my Hall of Fame career started!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #134
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

to me the game was just fine,but after reading up on all the new stuff just gonna make it even better....if thats possible?....man I cant wait!...
Old 01-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #135
Rookie

enice128's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Well, realism is good enough for me, personally

But aside from that, for multiplayer games (not sure if it's also available online, but offline at least), it would prevent quick-pitching.

As for standard offline gameplay vs CPU, there are certainly times were I've paused the game to think about how to approach an AB (no joke), so it would add a more realistic way to achieve that (basically a user/manual composure addition). If it did anything else (like break up rhythm or add batter composure like you mentioned), that would be a bonus IMO.

Not hugely important, but a nice touch.
Dude I do the same thing! Do you know if you would press the same button to pause the game or a specific other button to step out? And if not then I guess everytime you're up at the plate if you press pause like now then you'll be stepping out I guess. Also if you're pitching & press pause it would take you to the usual screen or menu like old? I guess we will have to wait & see. All these little touches make the game more & more realistic each & every year & we all can't wait! The biggest thing for me is how the game looks then gameplay. You can't have only one, look at 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #136
Rookie

enice128's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
I guess this is an obsession I don't really get. I mean I'll admit it's pretty cool because rain does happen in baseball but any time I'm watching a real game and a rain delay pops up I am annoyed. I want to watch baseball, not America's Funniest videos. I certainly don't want to watch it rain just because. If rain is indeed going to be put into this game then I want it done right.

Just a simple rain delay would be boring unless you have to weigh the pros and cons that come with it, having to schedule double headers would be kind of nice if a player's fatigue is taken into consideration. Rain delay's would be a cool feature if there was a injury risk factor of sending your starter back out after a long rain delay. Having to play in poor conditions should also increase the chance of an injury, a game shouldn't be treated the same in a downpour as it would on a nice 85 degree Sunday afternoon.

That's kind of what I want to see with this, just having a simple delay and double headers don't really do much for me if you don't have to consider the factors that come with inclement weather.
AMEN, perfectly put!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »