Home

MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #145
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970)

The easiest way to handle rain delays in the game in my opinion:

1) start the rain animations during an inning. Have it get progressively heavier over the next inning or 2.

2) Cut to a scene of the umps waving players off field

3) have a screen come up that says something like "there has be a 45 minute rain delay. Do you wish to keep your current pitcher in the game or replace him?" (pitcher fatigue would increase the longer the delay. Most pitchers are negatively affected by a delay and long layoff).

4) if replace, you select a new pitcher from Bullpen (warm up not required)

CPU would also make pitching adjustment if required.

The amount of minutes for the delay can be randomly generated. Anything from 15 mins to 2 hours.

No postponements required. That adds a whole other level of complexity to player fatigue, schedule, etc.

Just seems like a quick way to get the delay aspect into the game.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #146
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
I am pretty certain those talking about wanting rain delays aren't wanting to actually have to sit there with their PS3 waiting until the game can start again. A rain delay could simply include a cutscene of players sitting around in the dugout, or leaving to go into the clubhouse, then fade to black for a quick second, then fade back in with the announcers saying "And we're back" etc... Voila.
good one ! but it's not really rain delays for me but more having the opportunity to play some games with roofs closed when it's too hot like in Arizona or possible rain announced. My last game I went to the Skydome they re-opened the roof on 3rd inning and then switched to a nice and sunny afternoon for the rest of the game. Would be just cool but agree it's more a eye candy.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #147
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
anyone, I know someone has hit a HR by now

I'll let you know in a couple days...
Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #148
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
I'll let you know in a couple days...
You give up a good amount of homers so you should be good at reporting back on that. Ok.....good!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #149
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

1) start the rain animations during an inning. Have it get progressively heavier over the next inning or 2.

3) have a screen come up that says something like "there has be a 45 minute rain delay. Do you wish to keep your current pitcher in the game or replace him?" (pitcher fatigue would increase the longer the delay. Most pitchers are negatively affected by a delay and long layoff).

The amount of minutes for the delay can be randomly generated. Anything from 15 mins to 2 hours.

No postponements required. That adds a whole other level of complexity to player fatigue, schedule, etc.

C
exactly what I was thinking about. In Phase 1 of the implementation no need to have postponed games and then scheduled double-headers ( this seems to be a troublemaker for the AI logic ). I was not even expecting to see rain effect by itself but just sky getting darker and then the popup.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #150
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You give up a good amount of homers so you should be good at reporting back on that. Ok.....good!

Old 01-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: DMB day @ CES '11. Hands on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I bet if you had your wish with the LS to control the location you'd hate it. To have to control the location as it moves AND the RS is a nightmare.
I completely disagree.

MLB 2k10 cursor hitting had use of both sticks, and it was awesome. It's not that you have to follow the trajectory of the pitch with the cursor as it moves, although you could do this if you wanted. The beauty of it is that it incorporates the ability to recognize the different types of pitches. For example, if you read the pitch as a curveball, you don't have to follow the arc of the curveball as it drops; after you read the pitch, you just move the cursor down to the area of the zone where you think it will end up, and then swing.

This works, because generally speaking, over a couple of pitches, you start to recognize the predictable arc of each pitcher's pitches. And once you read the curveball, for instance, you get a sense of how far it drops and know where to move the ball. I think its a very good simulation of hand-eye coordination.

I thought that this type of left analog and right analog hitting system was in. I am gravely disappointed if it is not in. If I'm reading the impression wrong, someone please correct me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #152
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

C
Good Idea Capa!! If they implement this, then this is how it should be done..

Ben
Voodoo

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »