Home

MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #41
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Overall Team Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
The A's are really 16th? Wow. I might not have to do as much rebuilding this year
I dont know about you my fellow A's fan, but i see us on paper and see maybe our best team talent wise in a decade. our depth is very good too. i think that with our new strength and conditioning coach on board maybe we can not spend as much time counting player visits to the DL but counting wins.

being ranked in this game as high as we are (8TH AL, 16th over all) is a big plus... i see good things for us both in the game and IRL.

Last edited by mlblover15; 03-01-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #42
MVP

BigBoi23's Arena

OVR: 9

The Brewers thrive on mediocrity. Nice to see them nestled right in at #15.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #43
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
I know the Giants won the World Series but they were FAR from even 8th best in the league, so how have they risen to 3rd?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

And even as a Yankee fan, they should be at highest 5th
Old 03-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #45
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
How the heck are the Giants ranked so high!?!??!

They have two aces and a good young catcher with a top 3 closer.
Which would you consider those two to be? They could have three. MadBum is going to be better then Cain.
They may be World Champs but they got those rings because they got hot at the right time and that's what matters most in the playoffs. They obviously got bumped up because of their last years finish. I guess I don't have a problem with that.

Last edited by Mabster; 03-01-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #46
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
I dont know about you my fellow A's fan, but i see us on paper and see maybe our best team talent wise in a decade. our depth is very good too.

being ranked in this game as high as we are (8TH AL, 16th over all) is a big plus... i see good things for us both in the game and IRL.
I agree. They have something special brewing but haven't proven it on the major league level consistently enough for them to be ranked higher. Anybody could make an argument for that middle group of teams, 10-20ish to be in any kind of order. They finished exactly in the middle last year and with another year under the belts of the young guns, and the offensive improvements they made, could have put them higher then 16th overall.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
I dont know about you my fellow A's fan, but i see us on paper and see maybe our best team talent wise in a decade. our depth is very good too. i think that with our new strength and conditioning coach on board maybe we can not spend as much time counting player visits to the DL but counting wins.

On paper I would agree with that (save perhaps 2006), but you usually don't see the A's getting that kind of love on a video game, especially with the lack of power they still have. In real life, I wouldn't be as optimistic. I am really hoping they do something about the injury bug that has plagued the team for years now. And don't forget that on paper Bob Geren doesn't have the same ill affect on the team that he has in real life. If they rated managers as well, then Geren would have to be ranked somewhere between 75-100. That's right. Every manager, most teams' bench coach, hitting coach or pitching coach would be rated higher than that umpa lumpa. I can't wait to sim the first season so that I can create a save where I can fire him after every single game I watch in real life.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

I honestly thought the Mets would at least make it to the 18th place, maybe when they start off the season on a hot streak they'll move up in the game

Subscribe to my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/buyah2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »