Home

MLB 11 The Show Video - Jerseys, Caps, Alternates and Throwbacks

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video - Jerseys, Caps, Alternates and Throwbacks within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video - Jerseys, Caps, Alternates and Throwbacks

I know the Jays "T" cap is in the style guide. Does anyone know if the regular Jays' "T" cap is in MLB 2k11? Does anyone know if there are more throwbacks in 2k11?

Seems kind of silly to have the Cooperstown Collection license, but not have 100% access to it if it indeed is a legal rights issue. Usually when a company pays for a license, it gets all rights, unless it's a partial license (which I don't think applies to Cooperstown).

It's weird to see Orioles caps with the white front panel being sold in stores, and yet Sony and MLB don't have the rights to use it in a video game? MLB and Cooperstown Collection have to have rights to that hat if it's sold in stores. Not sure why it's not in the game.

Same with the unis...it's okay to sell the throwbacks that are missing from the game, I guess. MLB and MLB's Cooperstown Collection must not own the rights to the logos that Twins, New Era and Majestic are selling (/sarcasm).

Don't mean to argue with Russell the developer...but seriously, what you said makes no sense (legally). Your rationale sounds like a bad excuse, but what do I know? I'm just a pion that researches this kind of stuff.

Last edited by WSU151; 03-07-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #50
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

A lot of people are upset that I asked if the devs watch baseball. Obviously I was exaggerating. But I'm not going to accept the fact that they made a great game so they can't get called out. I'm not worried about the throwbacks because I understand there are legal issues. But when they do not put in a baseball cap (Jays T cap) that is the team's most used cap, then that is just poor work or laziness. I'll ask Russell_SCEA since he posted in this thread, why is the Jays T cap not in the game?

Last edited by cp22; 03-07-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 11

If its a legal issue, I can understand. Thanx russell
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
If the MLB doesn't have rights to a particular throw back uniform we obviously can't put it in the game. All of the missing throwback unis fall under this.
MLB probably wants to bury any and all memory of the Devil Rays. I don't blame them. I try to do the same.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #53
Pro

Doran's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKyle
MLB probably wants to bury any and all memory of the Devil Rays. I don't blame them. I try to do the same.
10 years ago, I remember I said that Tamba Bay would never get good.

I was very naïve 10 years ago.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #54
Os Before Hoes

True Talent's Arena

OVR: 5

I can have the current Orioles wear the cartoon bird hat (which they should bring back as an alternate at least)... That's good enough for me.

Buck got Angelos to lift the strict facial hair policy, hopefully someone gets in his ear about the cartoon bird cap.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:27 AM   #55
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Talent
I can have the current Orioles wear the cartoon bird hat (which they should bring back as an alternate at least)... That's good enough for me.

Buck got Angelos to lift the strict facial hair policy, hopefully someone gets in his ear about the cartoon bird cap.
they should bring back the orange alternates with the white pants as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 04:50 AM   #56
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8

I was wondering why the alternate Jays T logo cap didn't make the cut. It was in last years game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »