Home

MLB '11 The Show: Tips and Work Arounds

This is a discussion on MLB '11 The Show: Tips and Work Arounds within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #25
Rookie

tytyboogie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB '11 The Show: Tips and Work Arounds

so can u confirm for me that with the 30-team control stated in the beginnning of the thread that the teams with the cpu "profile" created will still make trade offers and do trades and all that stuff? i just want 2 get this straight before i fire up today cuz ive been working on rosters every day since march 8th. that 1st screen when u create a chise is my other question when it says trades on/manual and force trades on/off...which settings for them?besides creating the team cpu profiles and setting those to auto....thanx guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you put trades to On the Cpu will still make trades, however the new trade logic is not there when doing 30 team control. You will still see trades all in may and june and bad trades such as Pujols to Pittsburgh for a prospects and stuff like that. However, you can go to pending transactions and scroll though each teams pending trades and reject any bad ones or unrealistic ones for any team. Or if they look like OK trades you can let them go. The only thing with this is you have to check the pending transactions like every 3 days or so. Also the CPU doesn't really make trades in July because every teams "logic" or whatever it is called is set to "normal" instead of stuff like "playoff push" or "rebuild".

If you leave trades on manual the CPU will not make any trades and you can only make trades whether it be with your team or between "CPU" teams.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #27
Rookie

tytyboogie's Arena

thanx .....one other question im having a issue tyring to "manually injure the players" i have the user settings to manual for all the profiles...like it says. but its just not working so im asking is this done with the roster control set to on or off? (in the opening franchise setup screen)and then im also apparently assinging the profiles to the teams in that team select screen too. been trying all the ways and cant get any of them to work.im going to the disabled list screen so its just empty....no list of players to hit r-1 on...please explain thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #28
Rookie

xx19kilosoldier's Arena

OVR: 4

Nice job on this thread guys.
Missouri Tigers
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Sounders Liverpool FC
Old 03-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytyboogie
thanx .....one other question im having a issue tyring to "manually injure the players" i have the user settings to manual for all the profiles...like it says. but its just not working so im asking is this done with the roster control set to on or off? (in the opening franchise setup screen)and then im also apparently assinging the profiles to the teams in that team select screen too. been trying all the ways and cant get any of them to work.im going to the disabled list screen so its just empty....no list of players to hit r-1 on...please explain thanks
ok um I am a little confused on what you mean. Are you just asking about manually injuring players? When you start the franchise assign your profiles accordingly. So for example for me I created two profiles one I call "CPU" and the other which s just the user profile. I assigned my user profile to the Orioles and then CPU to everyone else. Then I am pretty sure you put roster control to on i think and you can turn injuries to manual.

Now you can switch injuries on and off from manual all you want in the gameplay settings page. Now when it is set to manual you go to view disable list and you then you can hit r1 which brings up the players. Now here you can also change teams by pressing r2. Once you bring up the players you can scroll through them and hit "x" and assign an injury to the player and a duration length of the injury. The injuries range from a headache to elbow surgery and durations go from 1 day to 217 days or at least that's the most days I have seen

I hope this helps maybe. Again I am kind of confused on what you are asking. Also sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes I am in a rush lol.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #30
Rookie

tytyboogie's Arena

thanx....i will go back in and try again....i kept getting hung up on when i went into the disabled list screen when i go to hit r1 nothing ever happens...i thought i had all the mode settings correct but i obvoiusly did not.thanx again
Old 03-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

OVR: 5

If you're making a created player who's not based on someone previously in the game, you can also avoid the Jeter head bug by not giving him an audio name.

It's not ideal because you don't get a name in the commentary, but at least you can still edit the player's appearance and not get a "locked" player with Jeter's head. (Though if you edit the imported player and ADD an audio name and save, he WILL turn into an un-editable Jeter after all).

So editing an SCEA-created player may still be the better workaround, but if you did use Create A Player from scratch, just make sure he doesn't have an audio name and it should be safe to export/import.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytyboogie
thanx....i will go back in and try again....i kept getting hung up on when i went into the disabled list screen when i go to hit r1 nothing ever happens...i thought i had all the mode settings correct but i obvoiusly did not.thanx again
Ok I think I figured out your problem. When you start your franchise make sure you set cpu roster control to off. This will allow you to make changes and set injuries to on, off, or manual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »