Home

Can we please start a list of "glitch" pitchers...

This is a discussion on Can we please start a list of "glitch" pitchers... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Try pitching with him, its about as tough trying to pitch with him as it is hitting him. Its pretty tough, bc his motion from the stretch is so fast.
Agree. I'm doing a 'chise as the Reds and I struggle with Arroyo more than anyone else in the rotation.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #58
Rookie

cas850's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Can we please start a list of "glitch" pitchers...

well my only conclusion is that Bronson Arroyo is an a-hole then.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #59
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas850
well my only conclusion is that Bronson Arroyo is an a-hole then.
ha love it! I have never liked arroyo for some reason either. maybe its the corn rows he used to wear and look like an idiot. or maybe its cause the braves make him look like cy young most of the time they face him when I know better!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #60
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

OVR: 2

I am not sure of his name, but some minor league pitcher on the Nashville Sounds has this glitchy delivery. When he brings up the ball into his glove, his hand holding the ball and the ball morph through the glove. Very annoying.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChernoTheInferno
I add another vote for Jake Arrieta. Faced him in RTTS twice. Insane. Absolute madness. Ball comes out of nowhere.
Bump for Jake Arrieta. Playing as the Royals vs. him today. I might as well close my eyes and try to use the force to hit the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 7

I haven't seen much of most of this list yet, but I'm glad I'm not alone that's bugged out by Santana's weird pitching style. I've had sliders break in on me from him in my RTTS and I'm a right handed hitter, going from his left. How is this possible?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 1

It's been an issue with the game forever. The problem is that specific pitcher animations are glitched -- either the normal release animation, the stretch release animation, or, in some cases, both.

Back in 08 I went thru every single pitching animation, both normal and stretch, testing to see which animations worked, and which were glitched and unusable. I created a list of maybe a total of 20-25 pitching animations that I found satifactory. The rest had either some major or minor glitch issue with the normal windup or the stretch windup (or both as I said). I then re-assigned every pitcher in the game one of those non-glitched animations. The whole process took a good week or more. It was definitely worth it from a gameplay perspective -- huge improvement in fact -- but I will never do that again. Too much work, ugh.

Last edited by peigone; 07-10-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #64
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
It's been an issue with the game forever. The problem is that specific pitcher animations are glitched -- either the normal release animation, the stretch release animation, or, in some cases, both.

Back in 08 I went thru every single pitching animation, both normal and stretch, testing to see which animations worked, and which were glitched and unusable. I created a list of maybe a total of 20-25 pitching animations that I found satifactory. The rest had either some major or minor glitch issue with the normal windup or the stretch windup (or both as I said). I then re-assigned every pitcher in the game one of those non-glitched animations. The whole process took a good week or more. It was definitely worth it from a gameplay perspective -- huge improvement in fact -- but I will never do that again. Too much work, ugh.
This is partly our fault.. I say this because we DEMAND that each pitcher have his true to life motion and with so many pitchers in the league it's hard to test each windup and make sure it's not "glitchy". I'm sure there are thousands in the game, I wouldn't mind having only 25 different pitch animations but you know most people on here would go crazy if Holladay's delivery looked like Joe Schmo's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »