Home

Anyone else getting a Vita to play this game on?

This is a discussion on Anyone else getting a Vita to play this game on? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #41
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Anyone else getting a Vita to play this game on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Okay, I have a few "old guy" questions...

1) Vita is "next gen" PSP, correct?
You could interpret that way......

Quote:
2) I'll only have to buy my yearly PS3 copy and I can somehow play that on the portable as well?
You have to get separate copies for PS3 and Vita. Not even a bundle for a reduced price. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is for now....

Yes you can transfer save files through the internet.

Quote:
3) How? (not a lot of detail needed here, mostly I want to know if / how I can jump back and forth between systems within the same franchise)...
One save file for each mode (RTTS, franchise, etc.) can be uploaded to the Show server from Vita/PS3. Then you can download it onto whichever platform you want.

Quote:
4) I don't play a lot of different titles, so buying a portable for one game isn't a deal breaker, but there seems to be a lot of love for this Hot Shots Golf...I only play sports games, so that seems like the only real "second / additional choice" for me...right?

It seems like a popular title, a long running franchise in Japan... but I don't have an interest in the game so I don't really know though. Skimming through the user reviews, it's generally a playable title for casual gamers, but looks like this iteration is tuned to be a bit more challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #42
Rookie

selahsdaddy's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluealtoid
Not true... it's coming out the same day as the PS3 version (March 6th).
And Yes, I am getting a Vita SOLELY for The Show.
Sorry...Guess I shouldn't have ordered from Amazon then. Their delivery date is still saying the 27th.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #43
Rookie

selahsdaddy's Arena

OVR: 5
They also are showing release dates of the Vita itself being both Feb 15th and 22nd? Which one is it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #44
Rookie

Bruinboy's Arena

OVR: 2

King, there is an additional cost for the PS Vita version of the game. I think the Vita cost will be $39.95. . I understand you can save to the "cloud" in franchise and RTTS and continue playing on the Vita Not sure if it works in season mode. I'm getting the Vita for this reason. When I travel I can still play a little baseball.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #45
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
You could interpret that way......

You have to get separate copies for PS3 and Vita. Not even a bundle for a reduced price. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is for now....

Yes you can transfer save files through the internet.

One save file for each mode (RTTS, franchise, etc.) can be uploaded to the Show server from Vita/PS3. Then you can download it onto whichever platform you want.

It seems like a popular title, a long running franchise in Japan... but I don't have an interest in the game so I don't really know though. Skimming through the user reviews, it's generally a playable title for casual gamers, but looks like this iteration is tuned to be a bit more challenging.

Thanks for the fast, detailed and informative response!

So, even though you can share your file via the internet, the Vita will only recognize your PS3 file (or vice versa) if it has it's platform's game installed...

So, the handheld is about $250 and the game is about $50, so it'll be like 3 hundo and tax, etc. to be able to drag my Show 'chise on the road?

Thanks again!

Right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #46
Rookie

mgjohns61585's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes. Not just for this game though. The only feature that I read that will not be on the Vita version is the new True Presentation. That's ok though.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #47
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
So, even though you can share your file via the internet, the Vita will only recognize your PS3 file (or vice versa) if it has it's platform's game installed...
Yes, if you want to play the Show both on PS3 and Vita, then you have to buy the Show for PS3 ($60) and Vita ($40) as well...

Quote:
So, the handheld is about $250 and the game is about $50, so it'll be like 3 hundo and tax, etc. to be able to drag my Show 'chise on the road?
I think most places are selling Vita version at $40 now. If you are in US, there may be a lot of deals to get them a tad cheaper, maybe not right after the release date but if you wait a bit...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah the Show sold me on a Vita, I travel a lot so the cross-platform franchise is huge for me. Played it at Gamestop, really solid graphics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »