Home

Anyone else getting a Vita to play this game on?

This is a discussion on Anyone else getting a Vita to play this game on? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #49
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Anyone else getting a Vita to play this game on?

I just ordered Vita... and has just joined this club.

.......... and realized again how expensive sales tax is in my area!! I might as well make a trip to US the Land of Great Discounts just to make this purchase.......
Old 02-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #50
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by selahsdaddy
They also are showing release dates of the Vita itself being both Feb 15th and 22nd? Which one is it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Well, both. The main release is on the 22nd. But they are releasing a special bundle on the 15th. So technically, it comes out on the 15th, but you'd have to buy the first edition bundle which is a 3G version which comes with a 4GB memory card, Little Deviants, a carrying case and a few other things that I can't remember for $350. If you want all that, then the first edition bundle is a good idea. But personally, I'd rather wait for the 3G bundle that comes out on the 22nd (the wi-fi version also comes out that day, but no bundle) for $300 because it has an 8GB memory card instead of a 4GB memory card and you're not forced to buy Little Deviants, which I don't want. The game actually does look interesting, I just don't want to spend $50 on a mini game collection.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #51
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

If a vita bundled with the Show is announced then yes i will!
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes!

This PS3, Vita Cloud support is the main reason for buying MLB 12: The Show for both systems. Maybe I can finally play a full season.

Ok, Uncharted is very cool as well...
Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #53
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8

Do you guys know if there will be a downloadable The show for Vita on release day on the PSN store?

I'm about to import the Ps3 version from Canada, but if i can buy the vita version in the online PSN store on release day, there is no point on buying the vita physical version.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you need to buy a memory card for the Vita in order to transfer your franchise from the PS3 to the Vita or vice-versa? Or, does the "cloud" feature mean that as long as you have both games and systems, it will recognize it automatically?

Also, I heard the battery life with the Vita is only around 2 hours. Is that correct?

I'm really debating getting this. Back in my single days, I had a room with 2 TV's: one to play video games on, and the other to watch games at the same time. But now that I'm married, and I don't want to spend the money on a man cave until we get a new house, I'm stuck with only one TV in each room (the horror)! My wife is really awesome and could care less when I'm playing video games downstairs on the big TV, so that's not a problem. But, I would love to be able to play The Show on the Vita and watch my White Sox or any other MLB game on the Ticket at the same time. That's the decision I'm wrestling with right now.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Buying the Vita solely for MLB, just like I bought my PS3 solely for MLB. Best upside for me.....now when the fiancé asks me to come to bed, I don't have to necessarily stop playing The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #56
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you need to buy a memory card for the Vita in order to transfer your franchise from the PS3 to the Vita or vice-versa? Or, does the "cloud" feature mean that as long as you have both games and systems, it will recognize it automatically?

Also, I heard the battery life with the Vita is only around 2 hours. Is that correct?

I'm really debating getting this. Back in my single days, I had a room with 2 TV's: one to play video games on, and the other to watch games at the same time. But now that I'm married, and I don't want to spend the money on a man cave until we get a new house, I'm stuck with only one TV in each room (the horror)! My wife is really awesome and could care less when I'm playing video games downstairs on the big TV, so that's not a problem. But, I would love to be able to play The Show on the Vita and watch my White Sox or any other MLB game on the Ticket at the same time. That's the decision I'm wrestling with right now.
You will need a memory card to save anything on the Vita. The battery life is around 4 hours, not 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »