Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - Exclusive Look at Diamond Dynasty (GameTrailers)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - Exclusive Look at Diamond Dynasty (GameTrailers) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Exclusive Look at Diamond Dynasty (GameTrailers)

I think the possibilities will be endless with the customizable options! I am wondering if you will only be able to create one diamond dynasty (like when you play online one file per psn username) or you can create multiple dynasties like franchise files. I can't wait to find out more about this feature, but I don't wanna make any assumptions until I see more.

I also really would like to see the ability to create your own stadiums. Maybe like a stadium vault? Or even the possibility of playing people's dynasties online in their created stadium. Example: making a stadium the opposite of Fenway Park but putting the Green Monster in right.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #34
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Wow we can! I'd definitely be using one of minor league/spring break ball parks!
Don't quote me on that, as I didn't actually attempt to scroll over to the non-MLB parks... I just assumed they were there. Hopefully I didn't set us up for failure with that statement, LOL. I would never hear the end of it!

Hopefully it will all be verified soon.

YouTube

Old 02-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #35
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Don't quote me on that, as I didn't actually attempt to scroll over to the non-MLB parks... I just assumed they were there. Hopefully I didn't set us up for failure with that statement, LOL. I would never hear the end of it!

Hopefully it will all be verified soon.
Yeah I understand... Those stadiums were available for online games past years at least.... And it's a great opportunity for those not-so-frequently-used stadiums to see the light. You can only go so much (well very much) with 30 MLB stadiums... add a dozen more and you'll see a greater variety in gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #36
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
I love the generic players idea, seems to give you a whole new relationship with your team. You wont know these guys and you'll learn there strengths and weaknesses as you play versus playing with an MLB team where you basically know every player. Gets me really excited!!
....and it is even better than just that!!
Where is that blog!?

In speaking with the devs about this....while it's been talked about and fleshed out in some ways for 4 or so years.....this is the first year of actually developing it and implementing it....so I really believe that if this mode is used a lot and there is some good feedback on it to the devs from the community....this mode can be shaped into things we would love to see in it ....that might not be there in it's initial stage.(such as a uniform/logo vault for one)
Just my thoughts.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #37
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Wait! Jimmy Rollins was on my High School team.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #38
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Where is that blog!?

In speaking with the devs about this....while it's been talked about and fleshed out in some ways for 4 or so years.....this is the first year of actually developing it and implementing it....so I really believe that if this mode is used a lot and there is some good feedback on it to the devs from the community....this mode can be shaped into things we would love to see in it ....that might not be there in it's initial stage.(such as a uniform/logo vault for one)
Just my thoughts.
M.K.
Knight165
Lets hope so. I can't wait for this because I used to do all kinds of mods for MVP baseball back in the day and to a point I kind of miss it and I see this as
an opportunity to come up with some pretty cool ideas. Also what would be cool in the future if this is a hit, is to be able to add uniforms to teams. Like a sunday special, maybe an old school uniform from the past that isn't in the game already and whatnot.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #39
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Where is that blog!?

Just my thoughts.

M.K.
Knight165
Serious question and not meant to be critical, but why put years (according to Ramone) of effort into a separate mode to develop players, create teams, etc when many of us have been asking for this type of depth and integration into franchise mode?

It's not to say this mode won't be good on its own merit, but it seems it could hit more gamers and have more longevity as a group of features that could be used through various modes rather than a standalone mode. I guess I'm wondering what, in the view of SCEA, is the desired endgame for DD?
Old 02-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #40
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Serious question and not meant to be critical, but why put years (according to Ramone) of effort into a separate mode to develop players, create teams, etc when many of us have been asking for this type of depth and integration into franchise mode?

It's not to say this mode won't be good on its own merit, but it seems it could hit more gamers and have more longevity as a group of features that could be used through various modes rather than a standalone mode. I guess I'm wondering what, in the view of SCEA, is the desired endgame for DD?
It's probably because "new and improved franchise mode" doesn't sell as well as a "brand new custom made Diamond Dynasty." Besides this, there have been improvements made to franchise mode as stated by the dev day guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »