Home

uniform fixes

This is a discussion on uniform fixes within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #25
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: uniform fixes

Well, I think this is a major issue so if not doable then tell me so. Kind of like all those stadium complaints were major. These are major league uniforms and I would like an explanation why one game which is vastly inferior gets these things 'righter'. I no longer can accept style guide excuse when things are there for two years or more on many many teams. What kind of style guide is two years behind and why should you or anyone follow this when it is so FALSE? Who is going to hurt you when you correct these errors?

These errors are serious and make the game very unrealistic to many of us playing because we see these guys on every hit and in every cutscene. I don't expect perfection but stripes down the leg? Seriously, you just rewrote ball physics and you cannot get a stripe down the leg? DOES NOT COMPUTE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
Well, I think this is a major issue so if not doable then tell me so. Kind of like all those stadium complaints were major. These are major league uniforms and I would like an explanation why one game which is vastly inferior gets these things 'righter'. I no longer can accept style guide excuse when things are there for two years or more on many many teams. What kind of style guide is two years behind and why should you or anyone follow this when it is so FALSE? Who is going to hurt you when you correct these errors?

These errors are serious and make the game very unrealistic to many of us playing because we see these guys on every hit and in every cutscene. I don't expect perfection but stripes down the leg? Seriously, you just rewrote ball physics and you cannot get a stripe down the leg? DOES NOT COMPUTE.

It looks more and more like this is the reasoning:

from what i have been reading some uniform details and incorrect player photos from 2011 are two of the things they sacrificed time with in order to work on the vita version of the game. I complained about the incorrect player photos and emailed sony because it does bother me that certain players in the show 2011 had wrong pics and the same ones are still wrong. I was told that they made both versions side by side and somethings were sacrificed this year.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #27
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Not really a big problem and if it was never changed I wouldn't really care, but after playing a bunch of games in my Braves chise and maybe its just me but it really looks like the Braves and Atlanta logos across the front of the jerseys look a little small. Maybe the other Braves fans can throw some input on this?

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1724
actually sony has said that uniforms cannot be patched at all in games period....I was simply showing that sony is wrong and other companies have proven it can be done so it makes no sense they would say that.
Please link to where this was said.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #29
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
actually sony has said that uniforms cannot be patched at all in games period....I was simply showing that sony is wrong and other companies have proven it can be done so it makes no sense they would say that.
EA can do whatever they want to with their games. SCEA has the same right with what they produce, and from their standpoint, uniforms cannot be patched. They aren't lying to you, they're stating what they have as company policy. If you have a link to what you're referring to, I'd like to see it.

Quote:

Guys, they do have to use the style guides for these things. Even though you might think that it is a total oversight on SCEA's part, they do have to follow these things. The onus is on the individual teams of Major League Baseball, and its been that way for years. Remember when the Rangers had that God awful two toned helmet? They never wore them in game, but were in the Style Guide for years before the team finally corrected it. That was reflected in game by SCEA, and they had to because of their licensing agreement with Baseball.

That last sentence is key. If SCEA were to just go through and make whatever changes they wanted without consulting MLB Properties, Baseball would not only have the right to enforce contractual punishment on SCEA, it would possibly include the termination of the contract and could end the Show franchise for the foreseeable future. There is a point to the Style Guide: it protects the image of the thirty individual clubs of Major League Baseball. It is a point to where teams can enforce their copyrights and can market merchandise. Major League Baseball has a lot to lose if they can't even market their product. If you really want change; if you really want to vent frustration, write to the individual teams about mistakes in the style guide. Otherwise, you're going to have to live with what the team wants to style itself as.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #30

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
wrong. the jerseys werent on the disc. the jersey reveal happened a month before the game went gold. the jerseys had to be worked on and patched. this is why it took 3 1/2 months to finally get them in. the jets old, retro jerseys were in by default because of the delay.
Took 3.5 months to be worked in and EA Sports still messed up the coloring of the Jets jersey lol
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #31
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
EA can do whatever they want to with their games. SCEA has the same right with what they produce, and from their standpoint, uniforms cannot be patched. They aren't lying to you, they're stating what they have as company policy. If you have a link to what you're referring to, I'd like to see it.

Guys, they do have to use the style guides for these things. Even though you might think that it is a total oversight on SCEA's part, they do have to follow these things. The onus is on the individual teams of Major League Baseball, and its been that way for years. Remember when the Rangers had that God awful two toned helmet? They never wore them in game, but were in the Style Guide for years before the team finally corrected it. That was reflected in game by SCEA, and they had to because of their licensing agreement with Baseball.

That last sentence is key. If SCEA were to just go through and make whatever changes they wanted without consulting MLB Properties, Baseball would not only have the right to enforce contractual punishment on SCEA, it would possibly include the termination of the contract and could end the Show franchise for the foreseeable future. There is a point to the Style Guide: it protects the image of the thirty individual clubs of Major League Baseball. It is a point to where teams can enforce their copyrights and can market merchandise. Major League Baseball has a lot to lose if they can't even market their product. If you really want change; if you really want to vent frustration, write to the individual teams about mistakes in the style guide. Otherwise, you're going to have to live with what the team wants to style itself as.
Then why do 2K have the stripe on the Twins jersey's that has been there for two years? I see what you are saying but it doesn't really make any sense to me. Who is going to do anything about fixing a stripe on the leg to make it actually appear much more accurate? Sorry but I cannot see MLB doing anything about it or caring much. Nobody made the pants pink.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Then why do 2K have the stripe on the Twins jersey's that has been there for two years? I see what you are saying but it doesn't really make any sense to me. Who is going to do anything about fixing a stripe on the leg to make it actually appear much more accurate? Sorry but I cannot see MLB doing anything about it or caring much. Nobody made the pants pink.
You will have to ask 2k on that one. However, this is beyond the point. What I do know is that Baseball does care about how their teams look, and that includes video games as well as all other merchandising. If they didn't care, they couldn't very well enforce their copywrite. As for the Twins example specifically: if the style guide does have the stripe missing (and I have not seen their sheet as the style guide is a trade secret type thing), then the most accurate thing to do is to leave the stripe off. You have to go by the rules whether you like them or not. The alternative is having no licensing...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »