Home

MLB 12 The Show Title update 1.06 Schedule Issue

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Title update 1.06 Schedule Issue within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Title update 1.06 Schedule Issue

Ok so I went back and simulated to the end of the season to see what would happen with the stats being messed up. The Twins ended up being the only team to play 163 games. They weren't in a tie for the division lead or anything so they did not have a tie breaker game at all. Now I am just really confused as to why this is happening and what is going on.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #90
Rookie

MultiThreat's Arena

OVR: 5

Oh man, this is fairly devastating to discover! I bought a Vita specifically to play The Show on the road, so not being able utilize the cloud save feature is a hard pill to swallow.

I've also realized I've made a pretty huge error. I downloaded the OSFM Opening Day rosters (Hustlin Owl's 25-man version) and started my franchise before the patch hit. I simmed past spring training, added players to the 40-man and corrected all numbers, and did a few minor player edits. I probably put 8-10 hours into this. I'd really like to avoid simply restarting, although I enjoyed doing good portion of the edits. Problem is, as a father of a 1 and a 3 year old, this is not time easily found!

I user control all 30 teams and use strut24's injury updates and roster moves. I primarily control the Cardinals and have played two games into the season, one of them against the "infected" Miami Marlins. I check box scores quite frequently and record them in a notebook because I'm constantly seeking feedback for my slider set.

I'm not really willing to sim past April, since I was really looking forward to playing all 162 games (plus playoffs hopefully) for the first time since Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on the SNES. The Vita purchase was my master plan to finally accomplish this.

Here's hoping to a quick, or most importantly complete, solution to the issue. I (obviously) enjoy The Show quite a bit, but I'm putting it on hold for awhile. I'll be counting the days until I can return to it.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #91
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by stork516
Ok so I went back and simulated to the end of the season to see what would happen with the stats being messed up. The Twins ended up being the only team to play 163 games. They weren't in a tie for the division lead or anything so they did not have a tie breaker game at all. Now I am just really confused as to why this is happening and what is going on.
My guess is that with the schedule revised in the patch...but your save being pre-patch......it's not actually the stats that are "messed up" but rather it's pulling the stats/scores from the wrong day...due to it being one off between the saved franchise and the new schedule post patch.
It's looking for "Thursday"(your prepatch game(I just picked a day) but the game is actually on Tuesday now...and it's shifted each "look" for that game.
...and now that one day is actually missing.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #92
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

What if I already had a franchise going, then downloaded the patch and decided to delete the patch will I be in the clear from the freezing issues in my franchise?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #93
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
What if I already had a franchise going, then downloaded the patch and decided to delete the patch will I be in the clear from the freezing issues in my franchise?
You would have to go to a pre-patch save I would think.

Multi;

NO SAVE?!
I always save right before the end of ST and right after advancing.

stork;
I misunderstood your post...it's the actual linescore not correct....I thought you meant the schedule score and the view today's games scores.
Yeah...that's weird.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 AM   #94
Rookie

quack attack's Arena

i started a franchise post patch, had multiple freezes, i restarted my franchise with the patch still installed, i'm still in april but so far so good, woooooo!!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:04 AM   #95
Rookie

Riddle me this. If you already have a season going, and you don't download the patch at all, what problem/s will you experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #96
Rookie

MultiThreat's Arena

@Knight
Yeah...I did save after I made all those moves...then I played a game not realizing that I had left the "post game auto save" feature on inside of my profile. That auto save over-wrote my initial save. Obviously I had intended to make a new franchise save after that game. Of course that one game I played was against one of the few reported affected teams.

I made additional saves after that first game for safety, but...well, I guess that was one game too late maybe because I later learned of this. And of course I've turned that auto save feature off. I should have made multiple saves before I played that first game, but I guess I got too excited to get a game in after putting in the work.

When I get off shift tonight, I'm going to sim a few seasons to see if I truly "lost" my franchise. I simmed one before leaving, and had all teams but 4 end with 162 games (they had 163).The good news was it appeared that those teams had 1-game playoffs, so I might be alright as long as I don't continue on or upload to the cloud and continue on the Vita.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »