Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #369
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showstealer32
1. Would love the sliding to stop at first base for pitchers as they magically glide to first base when you think the runner is going to be safe and they just teleport to get them out, also happens in outfield a lot when you think he will not reach ball and just glides and magically catches it.

2. The ability to better ram people at home. seems like a lot of the time i dont have great control.

3. A hall of fame and retired players page for RTTS and Franchise.

4. Edit player potentials.

5. Be able to move back and fourth the players batter stance. The ability of pitchers to dust players off and saying I am batting I could move guy back a little bit. or forward depending on the pitches.

6. ore variety in crowd.

7. A better Knuckleball.

8. More in game stuff like the wave from fans in crazy moments, maybe more mascot things that are specific to certain teams. and would be cool for more sound effects and little things like 7 inning stretch or boat races, or under the hat things in between innings.

9. MLB tonight would be very cool to have once a week for analysts, if not that then instead of the paper have an MLB.com site replica and have all news and different updates, maybe even a site that scouts players and just random tid bits. Eextreme Wrestling Revenge did a great job on gossip and crazy stuff like this during its career mode. IF not at least include paper news through playoffs.

10. Interviews with players in RTTS and franchise. I want things in there to make it feel more connected, players to have personalities, and chemistry ratings. MVP did this very well where managers would have to have meetings to make players happy or certain teams would just start losing, and this should lead to being able to fire a manager in middle season if he is not keeping team happy.

11. Locker room celebrations. World Series Celebration such as parade and champagne. Maybe even add the shaving cream pie and team mates wearing world series shirts for win.

12. Make the roofs work and if not in franchise be able to control weather in exibition

13. When focusing on key things add players. Madden in older games did this great by picking out on player for each game and talking about him, really adds to it.

thanks for reading
Agreed with most
Old 07-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #370
Rookie

Philly07's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

It would be nice to see batting stance/pitcher delivery edits transfer from one roster to another like walkup music.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #371
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

OVR: 9

This is my first year playing the show, and I must say, It is way better than the 2k series. With that being said, its not perfect, can't thin of any sports games that are, but it has room to improve. The thing I want to see the most, is a complete player card like 2k has. So you can see the players complete stats year by year, awards, and what not. Also I prefer number ratings more, i think its better to give a number rating so that you can tell who is better, Instead of this pitcher is an A and this hitter is an A, virtually neither has the upper hand. Maybe the most disappointing thing is the unrealistic CPU trades, I like that CPU teams can make trades, but these are trades that would never happen. I love the realistic feel to the game but that is such a let down in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #372
Rookie

miami2005734's Arena

OVR: 3

I went through 20 pages and haven't seen anyone talk about the DRAFT. Its horrible, unrealistic and takes all the fun out of Franchise mode for me! It needs to be more like OOTP. There should be 15+ rounds and an signing period where you actually have to negotiate with them. There should also be an International Free agent signing period. You should be able to scout and sign them.( Few should be MLB ready, while most have to spend years in the minors to develop.)
Last I would like to see a Face Scan system like PES has to give to RTTS players so we can actually look like ourselves in the game, as well as minor league players so they can actually look like themselves( If you use a roster that actually has real minor league players names such as Knights).

Old 07-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #373
Banned

OVR: 1

I would love to see a call game rating in this game. Some guys call a great game and others welll, dont do as well. MVP had this and was awesome. Made you really think about who u had behind the plate.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #374
MVP

OVR: 1

A tutorial on Classic pitching, like what are you supposed to do.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #375
Rookie

Aschulz484's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showstealer32
I would love to see a call game rating in this game. Some guys call a great game and others welll, dont do as well. MVP had this and was awesome. Made you really think about who u had behind the plate.
They do but its a hidden stat i believe.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #376
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

2K's announcers and pitching mechanics. If this happened next year, I may die. Those were the two big things that kept me in 2K so long, and they nailed them.

- Rick Wise

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »