Home

Scouting Tips

This is a discussion on Scouting Tips within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #9
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Scouting Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I'm not sure that's completely correct. There were a number of guys over 17 that I scouted in the first year that weren't in the draft.
Yea I don't know how correct that is. I have scouted people and had them not appear in the draft then in the next year they are still there scouted and still not appear in the draft and then they are still able to be scouted in the third year (not quite to the draft in year 3). I guess i can't confirm that players aren't taken out of the pool, but I know that the above statement is not 100% correct.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Another thing is to hire the most expensive scouts on the market. As the more expensive the scout the more players they can scout at 1 time! (up to 4 players max)

that way you can really max out the players scouted. by year 5 or 6 your players to scout reduce drastically. 18 and over only, very key as well
Old 06-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

The reason that guys are still on the board after the draft is because they aren't signed yet so they may not be signed so they would be on the board next time if the draft worked right. As far as 17 year olds after the draft they are hit and miss I think because the devs are trying to represent those guys that decide to go to college instead of entering pro ball.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 26

It's completely random the scouted players that will appear in the draft. If there was a player I scouted who I wanted the opportunity to draft, I would re-load until he appeared in the draft. You'll get a different draft class each time.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Personally in scouting I let my scouts do whatever they want to, and I seem to get lucky. If you know you're not picking in the first 10 draft spots, there isn't much of a point to scout the top players as they most likely will be picked. I'm running a toronto franchise, and I have been in the middle of the draft for a while now. Usually what I do is when it's my pick in the first round, I look at every single player I have scouted and go all the way down the list looking for any A or B pot. gems that are in the bottom of the draft. Then I draft the highest overall A or B pot. guy I see. If I don't have any good A or B pot guys, I just draft the best overall guys or draft positions I'm thin in and hope for the best. I think drafting a B pot guy in the first round is better than drafting an A pot guy who doesn't have good overall. That way you get a good pot. guy and you know that you will be able to get your A pot guy as well. Just don't be afraid to draft the suckiest player in the draft who has A pot in the second round, atleast you're getting something good instead of hoping for the best and him possibly being drafted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »